What's your carry weapon?

For those of you that cc, what is your weapon? I carry a S&W M&P 357c. That is a screaming little round.

NIce choice! I love the M&P series.

What I carry depends on what I’m doing. I have a SW Bodyguard .380 usually. Sometimes a Glock 23 .40. Sometimes one of my .45’s (Glock 21 or MP .45). On occasion, I will pack my SW 629 6" .44 mag. It really depends on what pair of shoes I’m wearing as to what I carry.
I always have a .38 in the center console of the Mustang. It’s a cheap Charter Arms, so I don’t care if it gets stolen, or beat up. But, it goes bang when I pull the trigger, and I can hit consistantly with it. Not bad gun, but nothing great about it either.

BTW, Louisiana is also an Open Carry state. <<Although, it is not recommended that you do this as any liberal you see will panic. The cops will show up, check you out, run your gun, and then let you go.

[quote=“JStang, post:2, topic:38088”]
NIce choice! I love the M&P series.

What I carry depends on what I’m doing. I have a SW Bodyguard .380 usually. Sometimes a Glock 23 .40. Sometimes one of my .45’s (Glock 21 or MP .45). On occasion, I will pack my SW 629 6" .44 mag. It really depends on what pair of shoes I’m wearing as to what I carry.
I always have a .38 in the center console of the Mustang. It’s a cheap Charter Arms, so I don’t care if it gets stolen, or beat up. But, it goes bang when I pull the trigger, and I can hit consistantly with it. Not bad gun, but nothing great about it either.

BTW, Louisiana is also an Open Carry state. <<Although, it is not recommended that you do this as any liberal you see will panic. The cops will show up, check you out, run your gun, and then let you go.
[/quote]I carry an M&P .40. Great shooting firearm.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:3, topic:38088”]
I carry an M&P .40. Great shooting firearm.
[/quote] I want one of each of the S&W MP line. Great series of guns, all of them. Wife has the MP 9 pro series. Sweet shooter there.

I carry a taurus PT 140 .40

JStang:

It really depends on what pair of shoes I’m wearing as to what I carry.

LOL. And here I been busy matching my shoes to my purse. I need to get with it!

And how’s the MP 9 pro shoot?

A buddy of mine hs the 9mm version, tiny gun with 13 rounds… Taurus has come a long way in the past 10 or so years. They used to be kind of lower quality, but now they’re great. Also, you have that great lifetime warranty if there ever is a problem.

I would love to pick up a Raging Bull in .454.

The MP 6 pro is by far my favorite if I want to go throw lots of bullets down range. Very light recoil, very easy to shoot accurately. The Pro series have better triggers than that standard line (which are great already IMO). The last time I took it to the range, I put every shot into a fist sized hole going out to possibly 30 yards. Indoor range, I don’t know the max distance… I think it’s thirty.

I do as well. Im predominately a Sig guy. But I like the M&P better for cc myself. I do want to get an apex trigger kit for it though. The lack of a reset is a little annoying. The ergos of it are great though. I have pretty large hands so its hard to find a gun that I can hold comfortably and conceal at the same time. They are a great line of guns though.

[quote=“JStang, post:4, topic:38088”]
I want one of each of the S&W MP line. Great series of guns, all of them. Wife has the MP 9 pro series. Sweet shooter there.
[/quote]I love my .40. Shoots as good as any I have ever owned. Enough knockdown, and reasonable ammo costs, sort of. My wife shoots a Taurus 9mm, which is a S&W copy. Fine weapon, for her. She can knock the wings off a bumblebee, from 10 paces.

That’s great Tiny. Doesn’t matter what gun someone has if they can’t hit with it. IMO, shot placement is the most important aspect. Unless you are using .44 mag, or something more powerful…

I also love a .40, it’s a great compromise round. Also, what some people don’t realize is that there are several .40 loads that put out equivalent ballistics, or better, than many .45 loads, and many .40’s have better magazine capacity than most .45’s. Past the numbers though, there’s always the bigger bullet theories, and so on.

I still need to pick up a .357 Sig though. I have shot one, loved it, but don’t own one yet. I need a 10mm also… I’m going to pick one up as soon as possible, hopefully this month. (Either or, but I want the 10mm more than the .357sig).

If you feel like giving one away then let me know…

No no, I might issue one if you happened to enlist in my neighborhood militia after the government collapses. I give to church, and presents to family. All others must render a service or item to get anything from me.

:howler:

In Texas you have to qualify for your CCL with a semi-auto to be able to carry both revolvers and semi-autos. The only handgun I owned was a S&W highway patrolman, so I bought the taurus as a cheapy handgun to qualify with the intention of getting a 1911 later. I have liked the taurus so much I havent bought the 1911 yet.

[quote=“UNTRugby, post:14, topic:38088”]
In Texas you have to qualify for your CCL with a semi-auto to be able to carry both revolvers and semi-autos. The only handgun I owned was a S&W highway patrolman, so I bought the taurus as a cheapy handgun to qualify with the intention of getting a 1911 later. I have liked the taurus so much I havent bought the 1911 yet.
[/quote]Taurus is a good weapon. My wife is deadly, with hers.
My brother had a model 19. Straight shooting gun. Not bad, for a spinner.

Gah, that seems fair though. You know, guns seem really expensive for how simple they really are

I thought about getting a CCL but since most of the time I’m at school and I can’t legally have it there anyways then I figured it was pointless.

There’s like 1 cop for every 2 people in this town anyways. But their skill set is largely bring awesome at writing public intox tickets

If I cc, I usually carry my Keltec P3At (.380 auto). When I open carry, it’s usually my XD-40.

Sometimes just my .22 mag derringer.

I carry the MachXXXI UZP-15 .001 land-to-air manual sling shot… :rofl:

Well, I was going to upload a pic of my .380, but I have too many uploads and can’t seem to be able to load it without deleting other pics…

So, here’s a link to the official site:
Product: BODYGUARD® 380

Folks, if you interested in a mouse gun for your pocket, I’ve shot a lot of them. I could afford much more than I spent on this, but this is the one that won me over.

If you’ve ever shot the M&P series Smiths, this is just a micro version in many ways.

I’ve heard "why’s it nearly $100 more than the Ruger LCP .380, and the Taurus TCP .380, or the KelTec??"
Well, it has more features such as a usable safety (I don’t use mine though), actually functional sights, and a very usable laser is built in.
I originally scoffed at a laser. Dude in the gun shop let me fire it in the indoor range there, and I changed my mind.
From on my back, belly, kneeling, standing, at the hip, and even seated in a chair ala Han Solo vs Greedo, the laser made it far to easy. Also, the stock sights on it are usable, and the gun is doggone accurate with them. Much moreso than than I was able to achieve with the competition’s alternatives.

The double action only, but hammer fired instead of striker, means that if a hard primer is hit, you can pull until it strikes clean to fire the round. Twice sufficed for the few times it happened to me. I’ve put almost a thousand rounds down range with it so far.

I love this little pea shooter.