When hosting SNL, Donald Trump ‘struggled to read,’ says former cast member ...

When hosting SNL, Donald Trump ‘struggled to read,’ says former cast member. Can the President read?
Xeni Jardin / 7:20 pm Fri Apr 7, 2017

The President is “a moron,” says former SNL cast member Taran Killam. That may be true. But can he read?

When Donald Trump hosted Saturday Night Live in 2015, none of the regulars were happy about it, according to an interview with Killam in Brooklyn Magazine.

The actor is now performing in Hamilton as King George.

“It was not fun, and most of the cast and writers were not excited to have him there,” said Killam. “I didn’t get the feeling that he was excited to be there, and it felt like a move for ratings from both sides.”

Gee! A Trump-hating actor whose current gig is a Broadway shoiw noted for attempting to lecture then VP-elect Pence when he was at the show for a family outing? The soul of credibility!

What is it with the Libs’ and Progs’, (Republican) President ______ is a functionally illiterate idiot meme? They used it on President Reagan. They used it on President G. W. Bush. And now they’re recycling it for President Trump? Geesh!

No surprise…

Perhaps they are just a little bit short on originality!:wink:

Remember that these are the same sorts who populate Hollyweird and STILL cannot come up with much that’s original, but seem intent on recycling everything that was successful in the past–but with “new” politics injected. As an example, I give you “The Day the Earth Stood Still.”

Heck. Even “Avatar” was merely “Dances With Wolves” on Pandora instead of in Kansas.

Avatar I semi enjoyed. Not enough to watch more than once, but it wasn’t bad. I can’t get 10 minutes into Dances with wolves before turning it off. More like three.

SNL hasn’t been funny since the early to mid 80’s in my opinion.

The late 70’s-early 80’s was the best.

I don’t waste my time trying anymore.

James Cameron’s obvious leftist political bent made Avatar a lot less enjoyable for me than it might have been.

Load up all SNL people, take them up high in the sky. Throw them out.

Wow! That’s exactly what I said after seeing it when it first came out. lol. Something like “Dances with wolves on a moon orbiting a gas giant.”