ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:
The central doctrine within the majority of the 41,000 denominations within Christendom is the teaching that the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible is split up into three different persons (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit) and that these three persons are co-equal and co-eternal and are combined into a “Godhead.”
Christendom’s trinity, written in Article I of The Catholic Faith, is defined as follows:
"There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions; of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things both visible and indivisible. And in unity of this Godhead there be three Persons, of **ONE **substance, POWER, and ETERNITY; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost."
Article I: Of faith in the Holy Trinity | Seven whole days
Thirty-Nine Articles, 39 Articles
The Trinity has been the central doctrine of Christian churches for centuries. It might surprise some to learn that among pagan nations that did not worship the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible, there were trinity gods in existence centuries before Jesus Christ appeared on earth in the 1st Century AD, and there were pagan trinities in existence during the 1st Century while Jesus was on earth. Below are three such examples, followed by the questions for debate.
1. In the 2nd century B.C.E. (two centuries before Christ came to the earth), Egypt had a triad of gods consisting of (1) Horus, (2) Osiris, and (3) Isis.
2. In the 2nd century B.C.E. (two centuries before Christ came to the earth), Babylon had a triad of gods consisting of (1) Ishtar, (2) Sin, and (3) Shamash.
3. In the 1st century C.E., Palmyra, which was an ancient city in Syria, had a triune god which consisted of (1) moon god, (2) Lord of Heavens, and (3) sun god.
**QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
**1. Are there scriptures in the Bible to support the teaching of Trinity? If so, quote up to four (4) scriptural examples. Bold or colorize or italicize the words that you are focusing on within each of the quoted verses (don’t bold/colorize/italicize the entire verse if you are not focusing on all of the words in the verse), and then explain why you have concluded that the bolded/colorized/italicized words are proof of trinity.
2. Why is it that trinity is found in pagan/false religions that never worshipped the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible? For instance, as noted by two of the above examples, there were pagan trinities at least 200 years before Jesus came to the earth as a human.
3. If the Trinity is a Bible teaching, why is it that Jesus and his apostles who followed him around never taught anyone about the Trinity?
4. How is it that the Trinity teaching did not become “Christian” teaching until the Christianized Romans (who later called themselves Roman Catholics) copied the philosophy from pagan/false religions–AFTER the resurrected Jesus Christ returned to heaven?
5. Are the words “Trinity” and “Godhead” in the Bible? If so, were those words part of the original writings?