Where Did The Trinity Teaching Come From?

ALTER2EGO -to- EVERYONE:

The central doctrine within the majority of the 41,000 denominations within Christendom is the teaching that the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible is split up into three different persons (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit) and that these three persons are co-equal and co-eternal and are combined into a “Godhead.”

Christendom’s trinity, written in Article I of The Catholic Faith, is defined as follows:
"There is but one living and true God, everlasting, without body, parts, or passions; of infinite power, wisdom, and goodness; the maker and preserver of all things both visible and indivisible. And in unity of this Godhead there be three Persons, of **ONE **substance, POWER, and ETERNITY; the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost."
Article I: Of faith in the Holy Trinity | Seven whole days
Thirty-Nine Articles, 39 Articles

The Trinity has been the central doctrine of Christian churches for centuries. It might surprise some to learn that among pagan nations that did not worship the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible, there were trinity gods in existence centuries before Jesus Christ appeared on earth in the 1st Century AD, and there were pagan trinities in existence during the 1st Century while Jesus was on earth. Below are three such examples, followed by the questions for debate.

1. In the 2nd century B.C.E. (two centuries before Christ came to the earth), Egypt had a triad of gods consisting of (1) Horus, (2) Osiris, and (3) Isis.

[ATTACH]1864[/ATTACH]

2. In the 2nd century B.C.E. (two centuries before Christ came to the earth), Babylon had a triad of gods consisting of (1) Ishtar, (2) Sin, and (3) Shamash.

[ATTACH]1865[/ATTACH]

3. In the 1st century C.E., Palmyra, which was an ancient city in Syria, had a triune god which consisted of (1) moon god, (2) Lord of Heavens, and (3) sun god.

[ATTACH]1866[/ATTACH]

**QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION:
**1. Are there scriptures in the Bible to support the teaching of Trinity? If so, quote up to four (4) scriptural examples. Bold or colorize or italicize the words that you are focusing on within each of the quoted verses (don’t bold/colorize/italicize the entire verse if you are not focusing on all of the words in the verse), and then explain why you have concluded that the bolded/colorized/italicized words are proof of trinity.

2. Why is it that trinity is found in pagan/false religions that never worshipped the God of the Judeo-Christian Bible? For instance, as noted by two of the above examples, there were pagan trinities at least 200 years before Jesus came to the earth as a human.

3. If the Trinity is a Bible teaching, why is it that Jesus and his apostles who followed him around never taught anyone about the Trinity?

4. How is it that the Trinity teaching did not become “Christian” teaching until the Christianized Romans (who later called themselves Roman Catholics) copied the philosophy from pagan/false religions–AFTER the resurrected Jesus Christ returned to heaven?

5. Are the words “Trinity” and “Godhead” in the Bible? If so, were those words part of the original writings?

The New Testament is full of it. One specific place that shows the Trinity is when Jesus was baptized by John; The Son was baptized, the Spirit descended on Him as a dove, and the Father spoke.

In the very beginning, the Trinity was there. Verse mentions the Spirit of God. And in the gospel of John, in the first chapter, the Son (the Word) is also defined as being “in the beginning with God , and was God.”

If trinities show up in many pagan religions, it’s likely an indication that the concept of the Trinity was passed from the beginning. The pagan religions didn’t exist before God!

ALTER2EGO -to- SUSANNA:
It will be easier for others to follow your argument if you quote the scriptures; identify them by Bible book, chapter, and verse; and then indicate where, within the verse, you think it is talking trinity.

BTW: Your speculations regarding why trinities were in pagan religions amount to personal opinion. Please provide scriptures from God’s inspired word, the Judeo-Christian Bible, that equate to: “it’s likely an indication that the concept of the Trinity was passed from the beginning.” Unless something is clearly indicated in the Bible, it amounts to personal philosophy.

1. Yes and no, “The Trinity” Doctrine is an attempt to reconcile everything the scripture says about the person of God into a single statement of Faith.
    As to whether it is the only possible way to reconcile everything the scriptures reveal about the person of God, I have always thought no.
    As to whether the Trinity Doctrine successfully reconciles everything the scripture reveals about the person of God, no it falls short.
    As to whether it is even possible for man to comprehend the person of God fully enough in this realm to capture Gods complete essence in a single doctrine with complete accuracy? I cannot imagine that being possible.

2. The flood appears in many false religions also, does that make the Bible account of the flood not trustworthy? Using Pagan beliefs to cast doubt on Christian beliefs is intellectually offensive and lazy.

3. Jesus clearly referred to himself as Divine and His Apostles never taught anyone anything while they were “following him around”, they were uneducated, stumbling students who spent most of the time completely wrong in their assumptions about what Jesus was up to and why.

4. The teachings regarding the persona of God and how He has revealed himself did not begin with “Christianized Romans”, it was many years of combating challenges as to the Deity of Christ that inspired the Catholics to formulate a single teaching approved by the Church to deal with these heretical claims in a consistent way. The Trinity Doctrine was the result of that effort not the beginning of teaching that Christ is Divine.

5. No, “Trinity” and “Godhead” are not in the Bible, in fact no English words are in the Bible because English did not exist when the Bible was written. Every word we use in English is an attempt to capture the meaning of Hebrew, Greek and Latin words and phrases that make up the best manuscript evidence we have of the original text.

ALTER2EGO -to- RET423:
I appreciate your participation. However, at Question 1 in my OP, neither did I ask whether the trinity doctrine is “an attempt to reconcile everything the scriptures say” about God nor did I ask whether it is possible for humans to comprehend the person of God. I specifically asked for scriptures from within the Judeo-Christian Bible that indicate God is split up into three persons (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit), and all three of the “persons” are co-equal and co-eternal.

I will watch for your post in which you quote up to four (4) verses of scripture, accompanied by your explanation of why you believe the verses are proof of trinity.

The entire Bible is a record of the person of God and his revelations to man about himself and his agenda, picking out 3 verses to try and defend a dogmatic declaration would be imbecilic.

Try reading the whole Bible in order.

I will watch for your post where you figure out that a bold header before every post is annoying and unnecessary since all the information regarding who said what is already listed clearly.

ALTER2EGO -to- RET423:
True, the story of the global flood is found in pagan cultures. But that’s because all humans were originally in one place, according to the Biblical account regarding the tower of Babel. When humans were scattered from building Babel, they took the story of the global flood with them and passed it along to their pagan descendants. But whereas the Biblical flood of Noah can be confirmed in God’s inspired word, the Judeo-Christian Bible, the trinity dogma is nowhere to be found in the Bible. Trinity is found only in paganism. So exactly what point are you attempting to make?

So…All humans being in “one place” explains the commonality of the Flood narrative but all the humans being in “one place” does not explain the commonality of the idea that God manifests himself in multiple ways?

Yeah, that argument is a dandy.

But they left their concept of God behind so they could invent that from scratch?

Why would bring this if you had a genuine argument?

That you cherry picked an irrelevant fact and tried to use that irrelevant fact as a component in your argument, nobody with a valid argument does that.

Why don’t you quit dancing around and just say that you either reject the Deity of Christ or the concept of Monotheism?

Do you think that making a bunch of illogical claims like “some Pagan’s believe this so it must be wrong” or “that descriptive word that you use does not appear in the book” (as if the human title given to the doctrine is what matters instead of the content of the doctrine) is the caliber of argument that will inspire anything greater than eye rolling?

Those of us who are not ashamed of our religious beliefs do not play these games, we proudly state our positions and why we hold them. You hide your true beliefs while firing plastic arrows at the beliefs of others, pretty hard to take you seriously when you are so transparently NOT interested in exposing your own ideas to the crucible while racing to challenge the concepts of others with no greater ammunition than a 1st would use to prove “but He started it!”

(Never mind. I’ll not rabbit trail this. Deleted.)

So…All humans being in “one place” explains the commonality of the Flood narrative but all the humans being in “one place” does not explain the commonality of the idea that God manifests himself in multiple ways?

Yeah, that argument is a dandy.

But they left their concept of God behind so they could invent that from scratch?

Why would bring this if you had a genuine argument?

That you cherry picked an irrelevant fact and tried to use that irrelevant fact as a component in your argument, nobody with a valid argument does that.

Why don’t you quit dancing around and just say that you either reject the Deity of Christ or the concept of Monotheism?

[/QUOTE]
ALTER2EGO -to- RET423:
Now, that’s cute: You’re accusing me of “cherry picking,” and you’re even putting on the outraged act, while you deliberately snipped off the part of my statement from Post 7 where I distinctly said the following:

You deleted everything written in purple and only quoted the last part where I said: “So exactly what point are you attempting to make?” Did you actually think you could get past me with that?

I repeat, the Biblical flood of Noah’s day can be confirmed in God’s inspired word, the Bible. So when the story of a global flood appears in pagan cultures, that’s understandable. All humans were together at one time, until they were scattered at Babel. When they scattered, they took the story of the global flood with them. The Bible confirms there was a global flood. The Bible is completely silent about trinity. There is not a single verse of scripture in the Bible that speaks of a triune God composed of Father, Son, and holy ghost/holy spirit and all three “persons” are co-equal and co-eternal.

In case you did not notice, in the opening posts to both my Trinity and hellfire torment threads, I specifically asked for scriptures that prove the aforementioned doctrines. I also asked for explanations of why the verses mean what respondents claim they mean. Instead of scriptures, you loaded up your posts in both my Trinity thread and my hellfire torment thread with your personal opinions. Believe me when I tell you I am not interested anyone’s opinion. Biblical proof is what I am interested in.

Japan’s Women Told to Breed, Not Lead

`
To the thread:

The following is not presented as an argument, I am well aware that “Go read” is not an argument, so these links are only for
anyone who wants to use them as sources for study and research.

C.A.R.M. (Christian Apologertics And Research Ministry) is an orthodox Bible believing Christian Apoligetics website that can be
trusted to correctly defend the orthodox Christian faith.

The Trinity is biblical | What is the trinity? | God is Trinity of Persons | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

See the chart over there and note the conclusion of the article, which was this:

Therefore, the doctrine of the Trinity is arrived at by looking at the whole of scripture, not in a single verse. It is the
doctrine that there is only one God, not three, and that the one God exists in three persons: Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
The Trinity is biblical | What is the trinity? | God is Trinity of Persons | Christian Apologetics and Research
Ministry

Also C.A.R.M. has an almost exhaustive page on the errors of the Jehovah’s Witnesses. This one page with its many links is an unusually
valuable source of refutation, articles and videos, for Jehovah’s Witness doctrines:

Jehovah’s Witnesses | Jehovah Witness | Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry

Here is just one linked article from the “mother page” linked just above ↑

Responding to the Jehovah’s Witness attacks on the deity of Christ.

Cheers.

♪ ♪

/grin … I called her attention to that previously, but I think it fell upon deaf ears.

ALTER2EGO -to- RET423:
That is pure fallacy. The Bible makes it clear that Jesus gave his disciples instructions on how to teach, after which he sent them out to the people. Notice the words in bold print in the two scriptural quotations below.

“Now when Jesus had finished giving instructions to his twelve disciples, he set out from there to teach and preach in their cities.” (Matthew 11:1)

“{1}Then he [Jesus] called the twelve together and gave them power and authority over all the demons and to cure sicknesses. {2} And so he sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God and to heal,” (Luke 9:1-2)

So if you were in my position, who would you believe? Would you believe someone who made the statement, quoted below?

Or would you believe the Bible’s version of facts, particularly since the Bible is the inspired word of God?

1. In the 2nd century B.C.E. (two centuries before Christ came to the earth), Egypt had a triad of gods consisting of (1) Horus, (2) Osiris, and (3) Isis.

Actually these were among the many gods of Egypt 2-3 millennia earlier. By the 2nd Century BC, the Greek pantheon was in the mix as well, with the Ptolemies - descendants of one of Alexander’s generals, Ptolemy - ruling Egypt. But you are comparing apples to pineapples, for two reasons. First, Horus, Osirus and Isis were but three of many Egyptian gods, and IIRC, Ra was the highest in the Egyptian pantheon. Second, Horus, Osirus and Isis were understood to be three separate gods. Christians understand the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to be one God.

The same is true of the Babylonian gods you cite: centuries or millennia earlier; three of a more numerous pantheon; separate gods, not one god. The Palmyrans gods you list I’m not familiar with, but they also seem to be three separate gods; I’m guessing they are also part of a more numerous pantheon.

What you have done in your post is the fallacy commonly called a straw man argument: one misrepresents what is argued against, easily refute the designedly ridiculous misrepresentation, and then pretend to have refuted the real position. Besides being a fallacy of irrelevance, it is also dishonest.

From my research I have learned that JW’s believe that the Holy Spirit if a force. Maybe The Force from Star Wars is an appropriate analogy, the difference being God controls it, I don’t know. But it is clear they don’t view the Holy Spirit as divine on the same level as God.

However the Bible clearly personifies the Holy Spirit, as demonstrated here in more than three verses: Blue Letter Bible - Help, Tutorials, and FAQs

The Holy Spirit, to many people, is an enigma. Some see Him as an impersonal force or influence, some deny His very existence, and others are not certain who or what the Holy Spirit is. The Bible, as we have established, teaches that the Holy Spirit is a person, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity. By “person” we mean one who has his own identity or individuality as a rational being, conscious of his own existence. The fact that the Holy Spirit is a person can be observed in four ways: He has the characteristics of a person, He acts like a person, He is treated as a person, and He is the Third Person of the Trinity, and therefore, is personal.

Characteristics Of A Person

The Scriptures attribute to the Holy Spirit characteristics that only a person can possess. He is portrayed as a thinking being, an emotional being, and a volitional (choosing) being.

1. A Thinking Being

The Bible says that the Holy Spirit has the intellectual capacity to think:

But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God (1 Corinthians 2:10).

The Holy Spirit thinks and reasons. These things imply personality.

1. An Emotional Being

The Holy Spirit not only thinks like a person. He has feelings like a person. He can give and receive love.

Now I beg you, brethren, through the Lord Jesus Christ, and through the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me (Romans 15:30).

He can be grieved:

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption (Ephesians 4:30).

The Holy Spirit can be insulted:

Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insult the Spirit of grace? (Hebrews 10:29).

He responds emotionally the way that a person responds.

1. A Choosing Being

The Holy Spirit also has a will to choose:

But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills (1 Corinthians 12:11).

These attributes are consistent with personhood. Therefore, we see that the characteristics ascribed to the Holy Spirit - thought, feelings, choice - are attributes of a person.

ACTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

The deeds that the Holy Spirit performs are deeds only a person can do.

1. Teaching

These things we also speak not in words which mans wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual (1 Corinthians 2:13).

1. Giving Guidance

For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God (Romans 8:14).

1. Comforting

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send him to you (John 16:7 KJV).

1. Commanding

Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go near and overtake this chariot” (Acts 8:29).

1. Giving Understanding

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak (John 16:13).

1. Speaking

As they ministered to the Lord and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, “Now separate to Me Barnabas and Saul for the work which I have called them” (Acts 13:2).

These deeds attributed to the Holy Spirit are not the acts of an impersonal force; they are the acts of a person.

Treated As A Person

Whenever the Holy Spirit is encountered in a historical situation we discover that He is always treated as a person. The Bible records that Ananias and Sapphira lied to the Holy Spirit.

But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and keep back part of the price of the land for yourself” (Acts 5:3).

You can lie only to a person.

Stephen told the Sanhedrin that they were disobeying the Holy Spirit by resisting Him:
You stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you (Acts 7:51).

You do not disobey an impersonal force, you disobey a person.
On another occasion Simon Peter went to the house of Cornelius as the Holy Spirit directed:

While Peter thought about the vision, the Spirit said to him, “Behold three men are seeking you” (Acts 10:19).

Consequently whenever we find the Holy Spirit in a historical narrative He is consistently treated as though He is a person, never as anything less.

Part Of The Godhead

The final reason that we conclude that the Holy Spirit is a person is that He is addressed as God. He is a member of the Godhead which consists of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus said:

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).

The Father and Son are personal beings and the Holy Spirit is treated in the same manner and assumed to be a person.

Blasphemed

Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit could be blasphemed:
Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men (Matthew 12:31).

Only God can be blasphemed. Thus, if the Holy Spirit is God and God is personal, then the Holy Spirit must be personal.

Conclusion

We conclude the following concerning the Holy Spirit:

1. The Holy Spirit has the attributes of a person.
  2. The Spirit also performs the acts of a person.
  3. The Holy Spirit is treated as a person.
  4. The Holy Spirit is God, and therefore, by nature is personal.

This is the way to visualize the Trinity:

If one side of the triangle was to be lesser, we would have a huge dilemma, for there would be multiple gods, but there is only one God.

I am not “outraged”, I am amused that you lack the courage to directly challenge the Christian beliefs that you personally reject by simply making a clear statement about what you believe. All of this babble about the word “Trinity” and absolutely nothing about what component of the doctrine you reject is like a neon sign that you belong to a cult but you seem to think you are hiding that.

I did not avoid that, I addressed that in my first post and a couple times since, I clearly explained that the word “Trinity” is the name of the doctrine and not a word from scripture and I explained that the Trinity Doctrine was an effort to reconcile all of what is said about God in all of scripture into a single teachable doctrine.

Your incessant demanding for ONE SINGLE VERSE!! Without bothering to tell us which component or components of the Trinity Doctrine you reject is pretty pointless.

Is “The Father” not “Deity” to you?
Is “Christ” not “Deity” to you?
Is the “Holy Spirit” not “Deity” to you?
Do you accept the Deity of all these but reject the idea that they are one entity so they are not all equal?
Do you believe that they are one entity but each is needed to form a complete God, making each a 3rd of a God?
Do you reject the idea of one God to begin with?
Do you reject the idea that Jesus possessed both a complete human nature and a complete divine nature simultaneously?

Which member or members of that group do you claim is not Deity, not eternal or not equal? The Trinity Doctrine addresses all of those issues yet you refuse to say whether you reject everything it proclaims or some of what it proclaims while you condemn it and ask for verses.

If you want to have a debate then muster the courage to state your beliefs. SHOUTING IN CAPS at the beginning of every post you make condemning the views of others while you are cowardly hiding your own beliefs (or lack thereof) from examination is the mark of an indoctrinated mind.

I expect most everything I say will sail above your head, yes.
That is why you take so long to respond to my simple posts and have to break them apart to do it at all. You are expecting certain responses that your indoctrinators told you would appear but I have refused to follow the script so you have to scramble to come up with a response.

It won’t get any better for you if you persist, I have been indoctrinated by nobody.

Actually, I said that to prove how imbecilic it was for you to claim that if any pagan group ever believed something it constituted evidence that it could not be from God.

You then made the even more ridiculous claim that the only reason the flood story exists in some pagan circles is because “All people came from one place”.

When I pointed out that the same explanation would account for a similar concept of the nature of Deity you then went even further into the absurd by saying since the flood is a single story in the Bible but the Trinity Doctrine is not a single condensed portion of scripture it makes perfect sense that pagans borrowed the flood narrative but no sense that they would borrow the concepts regarding Gods nature.

Effectively declaring that Pagans base all of their beliefs on scripture I guess?? :eusa_think:

Yeah, that makes perfect sense, all the Pagans I know are strict believers in the Bible :hippy:

While refusing to say what parts of these doctrines that you reject.

If you reject them in total and are an Atheist then admit it.
If you reject parts of the doctrines then state the parts you reject instead of asking us to do your homework for you.

No, I tested you.
I referenced scripture throughout my responses without stating chapter and verse, this is how I can tell if a critic has ever read the Bible or just been brainwashed by someone else as to what it says.

Guess where you landed on that scale?

If that were true then you would have read the Bible by now and you would know when it was being referenced without having to be told the address and being warned that a scripture was coming up next.

Those who care what the Bible says read it, those who have other priorities let others read it for them and borrow whatever they claim it says.

Actually these were among the many gods of Egypt 2-3 millennia earlier. By the 2nd Century BC, the Greek pantheon was in the mix as well, with the Ptolemies - descendants of one of Alexander’s generals, Ptolemy - ruling Egypt. But you are comparing apples to pineapples, for two reasons. First, Horus, Osirus and Isis were but three of many Egyptian gods, and IIRC, Ra was the highest in the Egyptian pantheon. Second, Horus, Osirus and Isis were understood to be three separate gods. Christians understand the Father, Son and Holy Spirit to be one God.[/QUOTE]
ALTER2EGO -to- PETE S IN CA:
Although Egypt had numerous pagan gods, Horus, Osirus, and Isis were always linked together as a triad or trinity. In fact, Horus, Osiris, and Isis are so completely linked up with one another that they are referred to as “The Abydos Triad.” Don’t believe me? Do a Google search for these threes words in quotations:“The Abydos Triad”. Then watch how many websites will pop up with Horus, Osiris, and Isis identified as “The Abydos Triad.” The word triad is a synonym for the word trinity. Below is a weblink to get you started.
Abydos Triad - Osiris, Isis and Horus - Egyptian Gods of the Cult Center of Abydos - Where Egyptians Held Cult Rituals for Osiris, Isis and Horus.

Likewise, the same is the case with the Babylonian gods as with the Egyptian gods. The Babylonians had many pagan gods, true. But Ishtar, Sin, and Shamash were always combined together as a triad or trinity. This is confirmed by the Encyclopedia Britannica, as follows:

[COLOR=#800080]Shamash[/COLOR], (Akkadian), Sumerian Utu, in Mesopotamian religion, the god of the sun, who, with the moon god, Sin (Sumerian: Nanna), and [COLOR=#800080]Ishtar[/COLOR] (Sumerian: Inanna), the goddess of Venus, was part of an astral [COLOR=#800080]TRIAD of divinities[/COLOR]. Shamash was the son of Sin.

Shamash (Mesopotamian god) – Encyclopedia Britannica

Yes He did, and they failed to understand any of it.

Yes He did, and there is not one story of any of those disciples returning with a convert.

Prior to the Spirit Birth at Pentecost the Disciples were fruitless in their efforts to teach and proselytize.

Yep, He did.
Then He had to show up after the disciples made fools of themselves trying to cast a demon out of a boy to save the boy.
In fact Christians today have the same “Power and Authority” but like the disciples most have no idea how to apply Faith to the challenges they face.

If I was “in your position” I would read the Bible for myself and stop trusting others who send me on proselytizing efforts with nothing but borrowed rumors.

His Apostles never taught anyone anything while they were “following him around”, they were uneducated, stumbling students who spent most of the time completely wrong in their assumptions about what Jesus was up to and why…RET423

If I had read the Bible for myself in context I would say AMEN! to that brilliant synopsis.

I cannot guess how an indoctrinated mind would react but it would not matter anyway.

You quoted no “Bible Facts” to support you claim that the disciples were respected, educated teachers during Jesus earthly ministry, you cited where Jesus gave them commands but nothing to establish your claim that the disciples were any better at following those instructions than they were at following any of the other instruction they received, they all thought He was not supposed to die either.

[quote=“Alter2Ego, post:17, topic:39617”]
Although Egypt had numerous pagan gods, Horus, Osirus, and Isis were always linked together as a triad or trinity. In fact, Horus, Osiris, and Isis are so completely linked up with one another that they are referred to as “The Abydos Triad.” Don’t believe me? Do a Google search for these threes words in quotations:“The Abydos Triad”. Then watch how many websites will pop up with Horus, Osiris, and Isis identified as “The Abydos Triad.” The word triad is a synonym for the word trinity. Below is a weblink to get you started.
Abydos Triad - Osiris, Isis and Horus - Egyptian Gods of the Cult Center of Abydos - Where Egyptians Held Cult Rituals for Osiris, Isis and Horus.
[/quote]Your link describes them as three separate entities, Osiris; his wife, Isis; and their son Horus. This apples and oranges to the Christian Trinity. You’ll find similar descriptions at many other links. A triad often refers simply to a group of three (distinct and unique) things. A triad of rulers, for example, would not suggest they are one and the same entity.

You might swap over to the Indian pantheon. Not sure it’s apples to apples, but I believe some of those deities manifested as different aspects, with different names, of the same entity. It still doesn’t prove your point though.

Also, your link on the Babylonians doesn’t really describe the relationship among those gods well enough to characterize it as similar to the Christian trinity.