Where is the beef?

An Alabama law firm claims in a lawsuit that Taco Bell is using false advertising when it refers to using “seasoned ground beef” or “seasoned beef” in its products.
The meat mixture sold by Taco Bell restaurants contains binders and extenders and does not meet the minimum requirements set by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to be labeled as “beef,” according to the legal complaint.

Lawsuit Filed In California Court Over Taco Bell Beef « CBS San Francisco

I saw this and that commerial years ago came to mind

Where’s the beef? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Meh, make it fresh and I’ll eat there. I’d eat alot more fast food if it was fresh when I got it…

Does this really warrant a law suit? Have they been warned at all? I think it would make more sense to put a bit of media attention on them first to see if they handle it in the right way…not just sue them, as really they haven’t hurt anyone. You eat fast food coz it’s quick, cheap and tasty, the taste is part of the brand so it rarely changes much anyways I hardly think anyone would be severely dissapointed that they weren’t eating DOA approved beef, not enough to require a big expensive fuss surely

It’s utterly frivolous, a shake-down-by-lawsuit. The supposed consumer group analyzed the finished product - cooked and drained of much of the fat (which is beef fat), including all the spices and seasonings - by the USDA standard for uncooked, unseasoned ground beef.

I don’t care for TB that much, but it is inexpensive as well as convenient. For my tastes, they are too salty. The same - too salty - goes for KFC. For better flavor and quality, I vastly prefer Chipotle Mexican Grill. But at $6.50, tax paid, no soft drink or extras, a chicken burrito bowl at Chipotle probably costs more than a similar amount of food at TB.