White House calls FBI probe into Clinton's classified emails a criminal investigation

How many times have the leftists denied that Hillary was being investigated as a possible criminal?
(Of course, if the hildabeast was found guilty of espionage, they would … given the opportunity, vote for her anyway!)

White House calls FBI probe into Clinton’s classified emails a ‘criminal investigation’ – to glee of Republicans – on the same day Obama endorses her

Barack Obama’s spokesman described the FBI’s probe into Hillary Clinton’s classified email scandal as a ‘criminal investigation’ on Thursday, less than an hour after the president endorsed his embattled former secretary of state to succeed him.

Josh Earnest told reporters during a White House press briefing that Obama was committed to keeping his hands off the investigation, trusting career investigators and prosecutors to follow evidence wherever it leads.

‘That’s what their responsibility is,’ Earnest said. ‘And that’s why the president, when discussing this issue in each stage, has reiterated his commitment to this principle that any criminal investigation should be conducted independent of any sort of political interference.’

White House calls FBI probe into Hillary Clinton’s emails a ‘criminal investigation’ | Daily Mail Online

“Hands off” my patootie. I’m not buying that the Obama administration isn’t meddling.

I think an important dimension of Obama’s public endorsement of Clinton concerns what his endorsement MIGHT signal.

Obama’s legacy, as screwed up as we know it to be, is VERY important to him. As such, ask yourself - would Obama risk staining that legacy by publicly throwing his support to Hillary Clinton if he thought she might be indicted for espionage? I very much doubt it.

Point: I think he already knows for certain that she will not be indicted.

A final point: The cloud of possible indictment has been hanging around Clinton’s neck for a long time. When/if it is announced she will not be indicted, for many that cloud will have been lifted and I think her support will increase, as many of those voters holding back their support of her because of the email scandal will come over to her side.

Sadly, that’s how I see this playing out.

Agreed he would not endorse her…if she were to be indicted!

I think he is hedging his bets. By not endorsing her the party lacks the unity it will need to topple Trump. If it comes out and she is indicted then he can easily retract his support and lead the charge of taking her down and his last crowning achievement. Since he is spinning it as he having no involvement in the investigation he can easily claim that he had no idea, a recurring theme throughout his presidency, that she was guilty.

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:3, topic:48840”]
I think an important dimension of Obama’s public endorsement of Clinton concerns what his endorsement MIGHT signal.

Obama’s legacy, as screwed up as we know it to be, is VERY important to him. As such, ask yourself - would Obama risk staining that legacy by publicly throwing his support to Hillary Clinton if he thought she might be indicted for espionage? I very much doubt it.

Point: I think he already knows for certain that she will not be indicted.

A final point: The cloud of possible indictment has been hanging around Clinton’s neck for a long time. When/if it is announced she will not be indicted, for many that cloud will have been lifted and I think her support will increase, as many of those voters holding back their support of her because of the email scandal will come over to her side.

Sadly, that’s how I see this playing out.
[/quote] I would agree normally, HOWEVER, there are 2 major facts that lead me to believe she will be indicted. The first is that the guy that set up her server has been granted immunity from prosecution for anything he says during the criminal case. In general they wouldn’t do something like that unless they were going after the owner of the server and had at least some evidence already that she’s guilty. The other thing is that she is currently (by my experienced count, having held a TS clearance) facing AT LEAST 64,003 counts.

This; he never has any idea/knowledge/clue about any disaster on his watch…

Obama is endorsing Clinton not only because he strongly believes she will not be indicted. He is also endorsing her because he can instruct AG Lynch not to indict.