White House Report Claims Sequestration Will Affect Department That No Longer Exists

The first line item on page 121 of the OMB’s September 2012 report says that under sequestration the National Drug Intelligence Center would lose $2 million of its $20 million budget. While that’s slightly more than 8.2 percent (rounding error or scare tactic?), the bigger problem is that the National Drug Intelligence Center shuttered its doors on June 15, 2012–three months before the OMB issued its report to Congress.
Here’s a screenshot of the OMB’s report:

White House Report Claims Sequestration Will Affect Federal Department That No Longer Exists - Hit & Run : Reason.com

The stupid is strong in this one.

This is what happens when you prepare your talking point too far ahead of when needed. As amusing as this goof is, it’s probable evidence that the current Sequester Panic is exactly what the Obama Administration planned back before this agency ceased to exist.

Stock market is doing OK. It’s propped up by the Fed for sure, but there are no runs starting. News is leading with other stories. Layoffs, while still high, are not increasing. I don’t think Obama has ginned up enough sob stories to make this panic work.

The propaganda is getting so ridiculous in the main stream media that it is like a parody of a dystopian film. Like if the Wayan brother were to do a “Scarey movie” like film for 1984, or Brave New World, or In Time, or V for Vendetta, etc.

I think people are sick of management by crisis.
Everything is an emergency that will collapse the country.

The GOP caves in and we go futher in debt.
I hope people see the trend.

The Democrats do and they count on it.