White House responds to secession petitions, calls for unity instead

The White House has responded to a handful of petitions calling for various states to be given the right to secede from the United States, calling for unity and participatory government instead.

“In a nation of 300 million people — each with their own set of deeply-held beliefs — democracy can be noisy and controversial. And that’s a good thing. Free and open debate is what makes this country work, and many people around the world risk their lives every day for the liberties we often take for granted,” writes Director of the Office of Public Engagement Jon Carson**.

Read more: White House responds to secession petitions, calls for unity instead - The Hill’s Blog Briefing Room
In the end what it is all about is states fed up with Obama trying to upstage their own laws and reguiring citizens by force to comply to the federal government.**

I may read the rest later, but all I can think at the moment is of MikeMD’s post admonishing Boehner for setting up the S of the U address for Feb. 12.
Mike was right. Obama is already playing it up for all its worth.

Obama divides the Nation then calls for unity? Unity hell, impeach the bastard from kenya!!

Such calls for secession could be made unnecessary and unwanted were the Obama ***MAL***Administration to cease its usurpations of powers reserved by the USC for the states and of rights similarly guaranteed for individual citizens and residents. But that would mean abandoning one of Obama’s principal purposes and MOs.

These petitions to the White House are pretty funny even if they accomplish nothing.

There was one recently which petitioned the WH to build a Death Star…as an economic stimulus.
The response…“Why would we spend $80,000,000,000,000,000 to build something that could be destroyed by a single star fighter!!!”

:smiley:

I agree, unity is called for here. Middle America unite and starve out the folks in the big cities.

[quote=“tperkins, post:6, topic:37809”]
I agree, unity is called for here. Middle America unite and starve out the folks in the big cities.
[/quote]Sounds like a plan.
You’re one of the guys I’d trust to have my back.

Hahahahahahahahah This petition:

Deport Everyone That Signed A Petition To Withdraw Their State From The United States Of America.

:howler:

To where?

[quote=“Susanna, post:10, topic:37809”]
To where?
[/quote]Dunno…but I’ll bet they would use guns to do it because guns are OK when the Democrat president uses them.

Texas