'White Privilege' survey in high school class sparks parents’ ire

A high school in Oregon is coming under fire from some angry parents after students in one class were assigned a “White Privilege Survey,” leading to accusations the school was trying to push a particular brand of politics.
[FONT=inherit]
[/FONT]
The assignment was for a Literature Composition class at Aloha High School, KATU reported Thursday. Students responded to statements including, “I can be in the company of people of my race most of the time,” “I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me” and “I am never asked to speak for all the people in my racial group,” scoring them on how often they felt the ideas were true.

‘White Privilege’ survey in high school class sparks parents

Can anyone tell me why a question like this should even be in a Literature class? This is blatant indoctrination and has NO valid reason to even be even addressed.

Back when I was in the lower classes such a question would have been completely out of line. This is a problem that has only ballooned through the years with course after course used to indoctrinate rather than teach the real subject matter.

“White privelige” LOL. These bitter, ex-Panther, Angela Davis, Commie types are just pushing a nonexistent racial agenda that they thought up from the top of their heads to explain why they are worse off than in 1960.

Beaverton sucks.

Can anyone tell me why a question like this should even be in a Literature class?
I sure can’t. What were they thinking?

The same thing my freshman English professor, who was the head of the department, was thinking when he told us, “The poor deserve everything for free because they are poor.” In his world self initiative and responsibility had no place in the equation. This was in 1968.

First of all there is no free lunch so in order to get stuff for free they have to pay in some form or fashion. In their case they pay in the only thing they have which is initiative and their votes, hellva high price. The result is…

They are poor BECAUSE they get everything for free!