Who do you feel will flinch the republicans or dems as we approach the fiscal cliff?

We only have a short period of time before the bush tax cuts expire and the dramatic spending cuts on social programs and the military go into effect. The dems might simply allow the event to trigger forcing republicans into consessions.

Whats your thoughts?

The Republicans are going to concede because the Democrats won’t.

The Republicans understand our debt problem while the Democrats don’t really care, so Republicans will allow some tax increases in order to start spending cuts is my prediction.

Boehner’s gonna fold like a cheap suit.

That’s a sure bet.

Exactly, is there even a doubt?

I don’t know of anyone who would be confident in Boehner to take a firm stand on anything, he had an overwhelming mandate after 2010 and did not use any of it so the idea that he would dig in after getting spanked is just ridiculous.

[quote=“cameryxle, post:1, topic:37064”]
We only have a short period of time before the bush tax cuts expire and the dramatic spending cuts on social programs and the military go into effect. The dems might simply allow the event to trigger forcing republicans into consessions.

Whats your thoughts?
[/quote]My vote would be to let it happen. I will be Obama’s fault.

Not in the press, it won’t.

I share everyone’s expectations of Rep. Boehner. BTW, I wrote the new quote in my signature in dishonor of CA idiot voters’ passing Proposition 30, not the “fiscal cliff”. But it’s likely to be appropriate and prophetic, sadly.