Who Is The Real "Bully" Here?

This student was preparing to do an interview about bullying in schools when 3 bullies attacked him, the camera crew caught some of it on tape but the most devastating part of the article was this quote;

“One of the boys lunged towards Preston and started hitting him in the head so quickly,” Kyros said. “I was shocked. They didn’t even care I was standing there and yelling at them.”

After the incident, Preston explained he ran from the bullies  rather than face them **as last week he was suspended for three days for  hitting one back after they tackled him.**

This kid gets bullied by 3 scumbags that are all bigger than him, He fights back (a very courageous act worthy of much praise in these circumstances) and the evil dirt-bags who are in authority at the school ***suspend him for 3 days!

***There are always options with random losers who prey on those weaker than they, but when an institution attacks the innocent there are rarely any options to defend yourself.

This school is far more of a “Bully” than these 3 scumbags who attacked this poor kid, those 3 bullies would have eventually bit off more than they could chew and learned some hard lessons. This school however will continue to punish the innocent and condemn right behavior indefinitely, in so doing they empower the amateur bullies and convince the innocent that it is wrong to defend themselves and stand against evil.

Then this gem appears;

Now he vows to go to the administrators instead, and his mother hopes this latest incident, which was partly caught on camera, will force the school to take more action.

“His Mother” should have tore somebody’s head off last weak when her son was suspended for fighting back against 3 bullies, instead she is “hoping” this event will “force” these evil monsters at the school to “take more action”!

She apparently has been convinced that She is just another child subject to the schools lordship over Her son.

It is nothing short of a miracle when anything decent emerges from these brothels of misery and havens of destitution.
Here is a link to the article;
Student Gets Bullied During Interview About Bullying | KSEE 24 News - Central Valley’s News Station: Fresno-Visalia - News, Sports, Weather | Local News

Even in Louisiana there is a zero tolerance policy for fighting. Has been as long as I remember. All participants get a 3 day. The difference is how the parents react. My daughter, or other kids if they happen, will never be in trouble with me for defending themselves.

Same here. I told my son that since he will probably get in trouble even if he doesn’t defend himself he should go ahead and beat the shot out of anyone that attacks him. I also told him that I would defend him from the school if he got into trouble for defending himself.

Fortunately, our local school system has had a strong anti-bullying policy/campaign. If someone is clearly bullying, they seem to take quick action against the bully. The incidents of bullying is low but they still exist and occur more as they go from grade school top middle school to high school.

My son recently started martial arts classes and really seems to like it. He has some size to him and is srong but doesn’t have an agressive bone in his body. Most kids like him and he doesn’t get bullied. He takes after me in that way. Unlike me, he doesn’t have an older brother from which he must defend himself. As a result, without formal training, I was quite capable of defending myself. My 6’4" brother was really into bullying me. I learned early on to hit back and hit hard to stop bullies because nothing else works.

It’s obvious that the bullies in the OP have operated with impunity so so long that they have no inhibitions to behaving in such a way. If they were to get the snot beat out of them by one of their victims, it would curtail such behavior. However, their victims are afraid to defend themselves because they will get into trouble. The zero tolerance policy seems to mimick the liberal foreign policy that seems to be working just as bad.

“Zero-tolerance” policies are zero-backbone policies for administrators who want to hide behind rules rather than make a judgement call.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:4, topic:36521”]
“Zero-tolerance” policies are zero-backbone policies for administrators who want to hide behind rules rather than make a judgement call.
[/quote]Yep, that is what it boils down to. They would rather have “no tolerance” to hide behind, than to have to use their brains.
When I was in High School, I played football. The football team was INSTRUCTED to stop ALL fights, and bullying, that we saw. We had no tolerance, ourselves, but we operated in reality and were aware that no action other than return violence, would stop the bullying. Bullying a bully is the only way. Make a public spectacle of their cowardice, and the entire student population would continue to persecute them until they changed their ways. If you make the whole school aware of the cowardice of the bully, they have a difficult time bullying anyone. That, and the confidence that others will come to help, disarms the bully.

In my school, there was a boneheaded jock football player that would bully special ed students with his boneheaded jock friends chering him on. Having a much older aunt that was a slow learner in her day (mislabeled as retarded and forgotten about) made seeing this anger me. So, I bullied and humiliated the jock in front of his friends and others. one of his boneheaded jock friends tried to double team me but he got hurt too. The other boneheaded jocks decided not to join in when I told them that if the did, at least one will be hurt bad too.

I’m not a violent person but I can’t sit by and watch such cruelty and stupidity go unchecked. Fortunately, it was before zero tolerance. Witnesses corraborated my story and I was not punished. However, the jocks weren’t officially punished either because jocks were a protected species. Due to their diminished mental capacity, they probably should have been in special ed but, being a protected species had its advantages. However, I heard of no further bullying by them. A stocky built, long-haired geek with Chemistry, Physics and Trig books under his arm humiliated them in public.

If this had happened today, I would have been completely expelled.

Yeah, I don’t know how much he remembers of it, but I had to deal with the school a few times when Mike was attacked by other kids - probably, most times, just one - but nobody in charge “saw” anything until he fought back. The principal argued that “it takes two to take a fight.” I insisted that Mike was only reacting, to someone else attacking him (which was the case most if not all the time). I’ll say this for the principal - he started watching a little more closely, and acknowledged that that was what was happening. I don’t remember specifically - don’t remember if the attacks stopped, but they at least decreased.

Brilliant! Well done. If those guys were on our team, they would have been mistreated, something fierce. Neither the coaches, nor the players allowed any bullying in the school, ever.
All that is ever required to stop a bully, is a bloody nose. They torment the weaker kids, to boost their own self esteem. Take away that end, and the means go with it. Anyone who teaches their kids to walk away, is setting them up, to be bullied. Teach your children to fight back. Tell the school system to go to the Devil. Self defense is the god given right to anyone who is being mistreated. A well placed punch in the nose, goes a long way, with a bully.

Nailed it.

:cool:

Tiny, how do ya like this?:

"…Once upon a time, we were a warrior race, honor-bound to stand and fight.

In the Gaelic clans of old, ‘brother fought beside brother, father by son, so that each might witness the other’s courage and valour and find example in them.’

Boys knew this was part of their destiny from childhood on–they had an instinct for it, and it was expected of them.

Now we try to feminize our boys, weaken them, even emasculate them…

The fights (back in the 40’s) only got better in junior high and high school. Little was done to stop these fights. They occurred between two willing scrappers with-out weapons.

Most fathers approved. Most mothers remained silent.

There were exceptions of course, perhaps foreshadowing the attitude of many parents today.

I remember some guy in junior high telling us, ‘My father told me it takes more of a man to walk away from a fight than to fight.’

Everyone of us who had been in fights knew that was consummate bull dooky. We also knew that the kid’s old man must be a coward…"

__Roger D. McGrath
(Corresponding editor, Chronicles magazine

That quote is the first paragraph of an old piece I wrote way back on 4/30/2009 titled:
http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f13/once-we-were-proud-warrior-race-19665/

`

[quote=“Jack_Hectormann, post:10, topic:36521”]
Tiny, how do ya like this?:

"…Once upon a time, we were a warrior race, honor-bound to stand and fight.

In the Gaelic clans of old, ‘brother fought beside brother, father by son, so that each might witness the other’s courage and valour and find example in them.’

Boys knew this was part of their destiny from childhood on–they had an instinct for it, and it was expected of them.

Now we try to feminize our boys, weaken them, even emasculate them…

The fights (back in the 40’s) only got better in junior high and high school. Little was done to stop these fights. They occurred between two willing scrappers with-out weapons.

Most fathers approved. Most mothers remained silent.

There were exceptions of course, perhaps foreshadowing the attitude of many parents today.

I remember some guy in junior high telling us, ‘My father told me it takes more of a man to walk away from a fight than to fight.’

Everyone of us who had been in fights knew that was consummate bull dooky. We also knew that the kid’s old man must be a coward…"

__Roger D. McGrath
(Corresponding editor, Chronicles magazine

That quote is the first paragraph of an old piece I wrote way back on 4/30/2009 titled:
http://www.republicanoperative.com/forums/f13/once-we-were-proud-warrior-race-19665/

`

[/quote]Well stated. Jack.
However, being a trained fighter, I do walk away. Never from a bully, but there are times when walking away, does take more courage.
I was working at Icabods, in Long Beach, Ca. I had back door detail. No one allowed in, but it was used as an exit. We kept the door open for ventilation purposes.
One night, a kid came to the back door. I told him to go around to the front. He argued that he was only there to get his sister. He said she was pregnant, and was having trouble. I sympathized with him, but explained that he would still need to go around to the front. He became increasingly agitated. He punched me, in the face.
I could have dropped him like a bad habit, or held him up by his neck, and let him wiggle himself to death, but something inside told me not to.
I said, "Do you feel better, now?"
He replied, “Yeah. Now let me in.”

“Nope. You still have to enter in front.” I closed the door, laughing, and made my rounds. Who do I see coming from the front?
“Hey”, he yelled. “What were you laughing at? I go upside your head, and you just laugh at me.”
"My kids and my nieces and nephews all hit me , from time to time, but I don’t hit children. Assuming that that punch would hurt me, struck me as funny."
He was distraught, first that his sister was drinking while pregnant, and additionally, that she called him to come and bail her out of trouble. He wasn’t a bully, just a concerned brother, frustrated by the behavior of his sister.
So, there is a time to fight, a time to stand your ground, and a time to walk away. The trick is, knowing which is which.

That is my policy as well, I told all my kids “If you are not in trouble with me, you are not in trouble”.

When my oldest son was in 4th grade he saw a 7th grader start bullying my youngest son who was in 2nd grade, when my older boy saw it he ran across the yard and stomped the 7th grader. When the school called home they told me this story (apparently a teacher saw it all from a window) and informed me of this “zero tolerance policy”.

I told them I don’t care about their ridiculous policy I would only praise my son because he did the right thing, then I told the Principal “I bet that 7th grader will never bully anyone again now that he has been humiliated like this”. The Principal agreed and then She said “I think I will just pretend this did not happen, it seems everything worked out pretty well”.

She was a great Principal, if more schools had Principal’s willing to buck the policies in favor of doing the right thing our kids would have a much better shot at learning Justice along with math and reading.

My oldest son is now commercial fishing and his younger brother is a Junior in High School but every kid still remembers what his older brother did back in the 4th grade, to this day no bully even walks close to my youngest son.

Exactly!
We have replaced the teaching of these very important things with a worthless one size fits all “policy” that will serve no child when at school or long after they enter the real world.

“Fighting” is not “Wrong”, fighting is either appropriate or not appropriate depending on the circumstances.

No wonder so many young people want to send flowers and apologies to Terrorist’s when you consider what they have been taught in public schools.

[quote=“RET423, post:13, topic:36521”]
Exactly!
We have replaced the teaching of these very important things with a worthless one size fits all “policy” that will serve no child when at school or long after they enter the real world.

“Fighting” is not “Wrong”, fighting is either appropriate or not appropriate depending on the circumstances.

No wonder so many young people want to send flowers and apologies to Terrorist’s when you consider what they have been taught in public schools.
[/quote]Very astute. I agree 100%.
In ALL of the animal kingdom, we recognize the need for “combat training”. Cats do it. Dogs do it. And people do it. If you have never defended anyone, or anything, how can you learn to? If you have never fought a bully, how will you ever effectively protect your family.
We encourage people to train their dogs to protect, but encourage people to allow their children to be walked on.

I hope that between my own attitude and the martial arts class, my son will not only learn the art of fighting but also knowing when not to fight. His martial arts instructor is also a detective for one of the local Sheriff Depts. He said that non-agressive kids make some of his best students. They will be less likely to use such knowledge unless it is truly needed. He also sees it as his chance to help kids moving down a proper path. Otherwise, he will see them in a few years on the wrong side of the law.

Are there any legal organizations for students that defend themselves?

Yeah, I agree. You’re right, we have to use common sense. “There is a time for war” … “There is a time for peace” __The Bible (Solomon)

Well…their coach was the stereotypical dumb jock too. However, there were ridiculed by their team mates but not for the same reasons that you posted. They were teased for getting their clocks cleaned by non-jock, long-haired braniac. Of course as life went forward they got to claim their superior positions in society by being able to secure some of the lowest paying jobs in the area. The ones that actually secured sports scholarships weren’t able to go pro and their PE degrees may have secured a public school teaching position for a small amount of them.

I agree 100%. the only way to stop a bully is to beat the crap out of them in front of everyone. Most of the time, simply punching them back makes them stop.

Whereas the “tolerant” crowd would tell you that you only need to explain to them why you dislike what they’re doing.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/SusannaHarriff/Smilies/sarcasm.gif