Why Obama Surrendered the Missile Shield

Why Obama Surrendered the Missile Shield
By Zbigniew Mazurak
American Thinker
12/21/10

Documents from the State Department published by WikiLeaks show that the Obama administration surrendered the missile shield previously planned by the Bush administration to Europe because of Russian demands, not because of any supposed intel reports.

Russia has always opposed this scheme, putatively because the scheme would undermine Russia’s nuclear deterrent (which it wouldn’t – ten unarmed interceptors can’t undermine an arsenal of hundreds of ICBMs and SLBMs as well as 113 strategic bombers). Really, Russia is in the middle of selling a nuclear reactor and tons of nuclear fuel to Iran, and the Kremlin doesn’t want the West to be able to defend itself against the incipient Iranian nuclear threat. Russia is also eager to claw Central Europe back into its sphere of influence.

Rather shows the true understanding of how Russian leaders understand Iran’s intent, what? And, knowing what they know, Russia’s intent in selling nuclear and AA missile technology to Iran.

IMO there is no protection from the arsenals of nukes Russia and the US have. I grew up in the 80s when we had Russia saying things like, “I’ll teach those hot heads in the west…” And we had people building nuclear fall out shelters in their back yards. And Chernobyl.

[quote=“petitsourice, post:2, topic:28675”]
IMO there is no protection from the arsenals of nukes Russia and the US have. I grew up in the 80s when we had Russia saying things like, “I’ll teach those hot heads in the west…” And we had people building nuclear fall out shelters in their back yards. And Chernobyl.
[/quote]I heard the same stories back in the 50’s.

Did you know that bad weather sirens were started as air raid sirens?

Civil defense siren - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There were designated bomb shelters years ago around town