Why Romney lost

LifeSiteNews Mobile | Why Romney lost

Abortion can easily be made to work in our favor, since it is fundamentally about the slaughter of children.

I don’t think marriage will ever be a winning issue, though.

If these issues continue to dominate how people vote, it doesn’t matter what happens, the country is going broke and down in flames.

I have said a number of times and will no doubt say it again. The only salvation for our country is to return to our moral values and our Christian heritage. If we do that, everything else will fall into place. But I don’t see it happening.

[quote=“Susanna, post:3, topic:37054”]
The only salvation for our country is to return to our moral values and our Christian heritage.
[/quote]Bingo

[quote=“samspade, post:4, topic:37054”]
Bingo
[/quote]Jazzhead just had a fecal hemorrhage. He believe they should abandon their conservative principles, in favor of votes. He thinks they should oust the SoCons. He thinks if they agree to marry perverts, and kill unborn children, America will finally vote Republican, again.

[quote=“Tiny1, post:5, topic:37054”]
Jazzhead just had a fecal hemorrhage.
[/quote]No doubt

Perhaps the GOP could take a look north for some inspiration. The Conservatives under Harper have been successful electorally as they’ve focused more on economic issues than social issues which can scare undecided voters away. If you ask the average voter “Do you want more money in your bank account”, they’ll most likely say yes. Whereas staunch social conservatism can scare voters away.

Good advice, and welcome to RO. The social issues have killed the GOP as a national party.

“Social issues” have killed 55 million innocent children. Small price to pay for power, eh Jazz? How many votes is each abortion worth? I’d just like to get an idea of the exchange rate, ya know. Since the gop will need at least 6 million more votes in 2014 than it garnered in 2012, I’m just wondering how many innocents have to be slaughtered to make it happen.

About 1.2 million abortions per year, is that right? Do you think the 4.8 million over the next 4 years would be enough? That would mean 1 1/2 votes per abortion (assuming 6 million does the trick, of course). Does that seem like a fair trade to you?

Personally, I think an innocent life ought to be worth more than a couple of votes, but that’s just my “outmoded social ideas” talking.

EDIT: I originally only divided the 6 million vote estimate by 4 million abortions instead of 4.8 million. Each abortion is actually only worth 1.25 votes…

Don’t be ridiculous. Go ahead and persuade others that abortion is murder. Just don’t enlist the police power of the state to impose your morality on others. That’s what is at issue here - coercion and the denial of individual liberty. Why don’t you have the confidence that persuasion is enough?

You know it was NOT the republicans who put social issues in election ads it was the DEMOCRATS. Oh sure the media were all-in for Barry and asked republicans about THEIR beliefs but did they ask DEMOCRATS… NO.

Do YOU suggest republicans discard their souls and disavowal their personal beliefs ???

How Obama got elected in 2008;

On Election day (2008) twelve Obama voters were interviewed extensively right after they voted to learn how the news media impacted their knowledge of what occurred during the campaign. These voters were chosen for their apparent intelligence/verbal abilities and willingness to express their opinions to a large audience. The rather shocking video below seeks to provide some insight into which information broke through the news media clutter and which did not.

Media Malpractice Obama Voter Video

1. Yup, all those aborted babies were coersively denied their liberties.

2. Why is murder illegal? Why is theft illegal? Why is rape illegal? Why do we even bother to have laws? Isn’t persuasion enough?

You are obviously willing to trade innocent lives for votes. What’s the exchange rate? What’s the “return on investment”? Your position is that abortion is no big deal, so I’d like an answer. If it’s no big deal, why are you dodging the question?

[quote=“qixlqatl, post:13, topic:37054”]

1. Yup, all those aborted babies were coersively denied their liberties.

2. Why is murder illegal? Why is theft illegal? Why is rape illegal? Why do we even bother to have laws? Isn’t persuasion enough?

You are obviously willing to trade innocent lives for votes. What’s the exchange rate? What’s the “return on investment”? Your position is that abortion is no big deal, so I’d like an answer. If it’s no big deal, why are you dodging the question?
[/quote]Give it up, Qix. I have been asking the same questions since he came here. He’ll bloviate …er…uh…woman’s liberty interest…blah blah…police power…blah blah, womans liberty interest…blah blah …evil SoCons…blah blah…statist…blah blah…woman’s liberty interest…blah blah…power of the state…blah blah… evil SoCons…blah blah liberty interest…ad infinitum.

Not trying to persuade Jazz.

[quote=“qixlqatl, post:15, topic:37054”]
Not trying to persuade Jazz.
[/quote]Oh, I was speaking from an angle of getting a real honest answer, not persuasion.

Not expecting one. The lack of an answer will be quite as informative.

David Boaz of Cato:

The first thing Republicans should do is stop reading only the conservative media.

The conservative echo chamber apparently convinced them that Romney was winning the election. Romney himself is reported to have been “shell-shocked” by his loss. I wasn’t, because I’d been reading the polls, including the swing-state polls. If the conservative media are going to tell Republicans what they want to hear, then smart Republicans had better start looking at a broader range of media.
My colleague Roger Pilon can’t think of much the Republican Party should change. I’ll try to think more creatively. Let’s see . . . the Republican Party might have avoided running up federal spending by a trillion dollars during the Bush administration, alienating libertarian and tea-party type voters in the past few elections. It might have avoided miring the country in two endless wars, undermining its advantage on national security issues. And it might come to grips with its decades-long alienation of black, female, Hispanic, and gay voters.

During the civil rights era, conservatives - including party-switching Democrats such as Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms - adamantly resisted the push for equal rights and equal dignity for African Americans. When women began to demand an equal place in society, politics, and the economy, conservatives said that a woman’s place was in the home. After those positions were no longer tenable, conservatives and Republicans came to accept race and gender equality, and they don’t understand why they still face a gender gap and overwhelming opposition from black voters. In our own time Republicans have sent hostile messages to Hispanics on the immigration issue and to gay voters on marriage and other issues. And they are in the process of permanently alienating those voters, too. As former Reason magazine editor Virginia Postrel says, “Policy aside, people rarely vote for pols they think despise them.”

Conor Friedersdorf blames Rush Limbaugh for Republicans’ image problems among minority voters. Maybe so. But it’s a problem that began before Limbaugh, and certainly can’t be blamed entirely on him or other pundits. The idealized Republican/conservative message of individual liberty, limited government, and economic growth ought to appeal to most voters. But Republicans have to accept, as even Dick Cheney saw, that “freedom means freedom for everyone,” and then they have to be consistent in delivering and applying that message. The hole they’ve dug with voters outside their straight white male base will take time to climb out of. They’d better get started.

Does the GOP need to cut ties with Fox News, Limbaugh? - The Arena | POLITICO.COM

Republicans should be Santa Clause to minorities ?

The democrats have that covered.

It doesn’t seem to me that Boaz suggested such a thing.