Why the ‘threat’ on Bob Woodward matters

Why the ‘threat’ on Bob Woodward matters
By Kathleen Parker

Published: March 1

Though not comparable — one appeared to be a veiled threat aimed at one of the nation’s most respected journalists and the other a minor blip in the scheme of things — both are part of a pattern of behavior by the Obama administration that suggests not just thin skin but a disregard for the role of the press and a gradual slide toward a state media.

This is no tempest in a teapot but rather the leak in the dike. Drip by drip, the Obama administration has demonstrated its intolerance for dissent and its contempt for any who stray from the White House script. Yes, all administrations are sensitive to criticism, and all push back when such criticism is deemed unfair or inaccurate. But no president since Richard Nixon has demonstrated such overt contempt for the messenger. And, thanks to technological advances in social media, Obama has been able to bypass traditional watchdogs as no other president has.

After half a decade (maybe more?) of crapping on conservatives, Kathleen Parker may be following Fagin’s advice to his comrade in crime, “Barney, show a glim.” To anyone in 2008 who actually looked at Obama’s record - such as was known - this (and much else that Obama has done!) is not at all a surprise. But in 2008 Parker may have been too busy enjoying her new-found status of token tame conservative, earned by crap-weaseling real conservatives. At any rate, we have an interesting mini-drama in process: Woodward and others exposing the bullying of the Obama MALAdministration and other MSM folk trying to plug the leaks in the Obamian MSM Dike by demonizing those who dare break ranks (I don’t mix metaphors, I slice, dice and julienne metaphors!).

Pete; I am surprised at the lack of response on this issue amongst folk here, this is a very dangeruous precedent being set here and the MSM is basically sloughing it off as a nonissue and only FOX has picked up the matter half heartedly. and NOBODY here has commented. This figures very strongly on the freedoms guarenteed by the constitution. Woodward has always been a fair and thorough writer and investigative journalist, impeccable credentials and these imbecilic morons have the audacity to call him on the carpet and tell him to cull the material?, these same a&%ho76s call Dr Carson to review abd edit his speeches?
WHEN IS THE MEDIA GOING TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE OUTHOUSE!!!
And where is the discussion here?

I’ll try to pop this up again, but it seems nobody is interested.

BO has nothing to stop him now. He won the election–he has 4 more years to do whatever he pleases with no one to stop him. So, this is what AmeriKans wanted and so this is what we’ve got. He’s not going to reveal anything that he doesn’t want revealed. He’s not worried about anyone, lease of all the citizens of this country.

An interesting article on sequestration and Bob Woodward…

Welcome to the Armageddon - Derek Hunter - [page]