Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Cal Pistol

**Woman Stops Grizzly Attack With 25 Cal Pistol **

This is a story of self control and marksmanship with an itsy bitsy shooter by a woman against a fierce predator.
  What is the smallest caliber you trust to protect yourself?
  The Beretta Jetfire...can you believe this stopped a grizzly attack!

**Here’s the whole story!! **

While  out hiking in Alberta Canada with my boyfriend we were surprised by a  huge grizzly bear charging at us from out of no where. ..he  was extremely aggressive.

If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire with me I would not be here today!

Just one shot to my boyfriend’s knee cap was all it took…….the bear got him and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
It’s one of the best pistols in my collection………
:wave:

That explains it, I was ready to call BS on this one…

:howler:

My nephew has a Tomcat in .25acp. I have no idea why he bought it. REally, there are few calibers that I find useless, and the .25 is one. He carries a Sig .380 as his backup. .380 is the smallest I’ll carry. I have .22’s, but I wouldn’t use one for defense. Fine for pests, and furry tree rats, nutria, and so on though. A .380 is like a weaker .38spcl load. It will do with good shot placement.

A .25 lacks the power to consistantly shoot through sturdy clothing and meat, and then bone. It can, but not reliably. I’ve heard of them being deflected by ornamentations on people’s jackets and such. I guess if you put it in someone’s mouth it may work… if it doesn’t bounce off the teeth.

theres a nice article about caliber and stopping power

An Alternate Look at Handgun Stopping Power

It’s interesting, but that’s just this one dude’s study. I do like one result I see in there, although there are not enough incidents used for my tastes to back up these numbers:

.44 Magnum

of people shot - 24

of hits - 41

% of hits that were fatal - 26%
Average number of rounds until incapacitation - 1.71
% of people who were not incapacitated - 13%
One-shot-stop % - 59%
Accuracy (head and torso hits) - 88%
% actually incapacitated by one shot (torso or head hit) - 53%

59% were one shots. That’s pretty good odds if you ask me. That’s also why I love carrying my SW 629C. No, I don’t have a 17 round magazine. More than likely I only need to hit once.

Honestly, the game is more about shot placement to me, and being able to put your rounds where they need to be. If you can’t shoot, don’t blame the gun.

I also don’t place much faith in this author’s results with the .32. Years back, the .32-20 was a very common round, used in both revolvers and lever action rifles. My Grandfather, and Great Grandfather before him both carried the same one. It has a few kills attributed to it. Both Grandpa and Great Grandpa were constables. Kind of like neighborhood deputy types I guess.

I’m a Herman Cain 2nd amendment believer myself…you know…9, 9 ,9, problem solved! :slight_smile: