Wounded Warrior in the news again

This is exactly what I’ve been saying about this organization and others like it. This is not just something that’s been a problem for the past few months or even years. This scam has been going on for decades. And, there are many others that are just as corrupt and get rich by tapping into people’s emotions and love of our veterans. This people should be locked up.

[SIZE=2]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/10/wounded-warrior-project-reportedly-fires-top-executives-amid-spending-controversy.html#

I don’t know why I can’t get these links to operate correctly… Any suggestions?

[/SIZE]

If you don’t mind doing it by hand, type brace
[url = “http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/10/wounded-warrior-project-reportedly-fires-top-executives-amid-spending-controversy.html#” ] (without the spaces)
Then a word, like a title.
Then

Example by quoting

I almost always type my links by hand. I do still use paste for the url, though.

I’ve been hearing sketchy news about Wounded Warrior Project off and on for some time. Never knew quite what to believe, as it seemed highly unlikely that a guy like Sean Hannity would involve himself so deeply in an organization that wasn’t on the up and up.

From this article, it appears that WWP’s money problems started around 2010 with this Nardizzi guy. (What a name.) I’m sorry it took 5-6 years to oust him. Hopefully, things will run better from here on out.

As far as getting your links up, either do it as Wolf suggests, or you can be lazy like me, and simply copy and paste it straight from the address bar.

Well, that’s what I’ve been doing and have done since joining RO. Only recently has it been problematic when trying to click on the link. I’ve been c&p from the address bar for a long time and it’s only been a problem recently. Go figure. I have a new laptop–it’s very small–but it’s new and it was a gift from my sister. So, it could be the laptop. sigh This new laptop also has Windows 10/11, and IE 10. So, I’ve heard that Windows 10/11 has a lot of problems.

Like I said, I’ve been hearing bad things about WWP for many years now and it seems it’s finally been “outed”. Veterans, especially those veterans with disabilities, deserve the BEST and the MOST help available. No one should be getting rich off the backs of wounded soldiers.

Uh oh. Yep, could be the Windows 10. My heart goes out to you. I’ve heard some hair-pulling stories. (Not meant to bum you out. Surely, there’s someone out there to help you overcome the glitches. I would NOT be one of them. lol)

Like I said, I’ve been hearing bad things about WWP for many years now and it seems it’s finally been “outed”. Veterans, especially those veterans with disabilities, deserve the BEST and the MOST help available. No one should be getting rich off the backs of wounded soldiers.

Hear! Hear!
It’s very tempting to call or e-mail Sean Hannity, and ask what he makes of all this. I may not always agree w/the guy or appreciate his style, but, if there’s one thing he’s known for, it’s being squeaky clean. <-- As Neil Boortz put it so very often.

I started to question if maybe that ‘squeaky clean’ lifestyle didn’t lead to him being naive. I just can’t see Hannity - who questions near everything in politics - falling for a cause without having vetted them very well.

JFTR, I DO believe the probs that arose here of late regarding that Nardizzi guy. It’s all the other rumors that I’m not sure whether to believe or not. Not too many in the media are fond of our military, so will knock them every chance they get.

Bottom line, if the Wounded Warrior Project is taking advantage of these brave men and women who have served to defend us, there isn’t a rung on Dante’s Inferno low enough for them.

*Pardon my going on, but, like you, I hate bleeding heart ads of all stripes. Every time I see one of those wounded warriors in WWP ads, I can’t help but think what carrot they used to entice the people who agree to it.
Looks forever like exploitation to me.

I believe it is something the site has done to stop people from copying their material. I run more and more into sites that will put formatting in that does not allow copying without having to go through more steps and even sites that create a photo of the page so one can not copy text off the page…

Case in point. Weasel Zippers adds formatting which I have to remove before posting. Some sites will only allow you to read their stories for a limited amount.

You are probably correct. I noticed that it doesn’t happen to every link I post. But the ones that do not work put weird things in their url.

They came to our school at one point. This is disappointing.

Well, that sounds about right. Infect the minds of children and get the money out of their parents’ pockets. :no: