Wounded Warrior organization rejects money from religious group

This is so sad. It makes no sense. It just makes me more convinced that our country is dying…

» Wounded Warrior Project Rejects Funds from Local Church » Fresh Ink – GOPUSA

Would you say the same if they rejected it from an Islam mosque?

"We must decline the opportunity to be the beneficiary of your event due to our fundraising event criteria, which doesn’t allow community events to be religious in nature,”

THey aren’t allowed to take funds from religious establishments. Also BullsonParade statement is a good question for your response.

[quote=“BullsOnParade, post:2, topic:38064”]
Would you say the same if they rejected it from an Islam mosque?
[/quote]Yes I would. I have lost no love for the Islamists. I consider their religion to be evil, and not of God. But, that is my personal opinion, and anyone of their faith, who chooses to donate, and chooses to make wounded vets their priority, deserves to be allowed to donate. It isn’t like they are forcing people to listen, conform or otherwise, agree. They simply want to raise funds to help vets, who need our help. This isn’t as much about religion, as it is, charity.

It’s their own personal policy. Even though I don’t see the reason for it, I guess it’s their choice who to accept money from.

[quote=“Trekky0623, post:5, topic:38064”]
It’s their own personal policy. Even though I don’t see the reason for it, I guess it’s their choice who to accept money from.
[/quote]Agreed, and it is my choice, to donate to someone who doesn’t care if religious people support their cause. I have donated to them, before. I am done, with them.

**I sent the Wounded Warriors website the following message:
I was going to send a donation, but I read the story from the link below and decided to decline on the grounds I am "religious in nature.”

Your refusal to accept the donation from this chuch has sent the message donations from Christians are not welcome. I wanted to support your charity, but feel my donation will not be welcome, so therefore, again, I feel I have to decline.

This was sent from the Minuteman:**

Wounded Warrior Project: Pimping our soldiers for their own gain!

Stop using pictures of my combat brothers for your own gain. STOP PIMPING MY Brothers in Arms!!!
Sooo…WWP won’t take money from religious organizations for wounded soldiers who swear to “defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic SO HELP ME GOD.” This Desert Storm Vet will never take your damn money WWP!!! Congrats to your CEO who makes $314,000 a year on the backs of my wounded combat brothers! We are certainly seeing who our true friends are and who our domestic enemies REALLY are.
Pimp those Troops! get that money! … except from Christian churches…they serve God…oh wait what does it say on the money your CEO rolls in? IN GOD WE TRUST

The point is not one of law - WWP is not a government org - but of irrationality. How are religious groups “partisan” in any greater sense than any other social group. Stopping good people from doing good is perverse, regardless of whether their main meeting days are Sunday, Saturday or Friday.

RW, you and Mm need to deal with your ambiguity issues.

For the record on the WW program, from the BBB:

Uses of Funds as a % of Total Expenses

Programs: 83% Fund Raising: 13% Administrative: 4%

Total income $123,869,345
Program expenses $89,466,336
Fund raising expenses 13,883,984
Administrative expenses 4,727,106

Total expenses $108,077,426
Income in Excess of Expenses 15,791,919
Beginning net assets 14,565,525

Ending net assets 30,357,444
Total liabilities 6,035,145
Total assets $36,392,589

I’ve seen a lot worse. The decision makes no sense to me as a stand alone decision but perhaps they DON’T want to deal with Muslim or Political type donations and so have to make a blanket rule to keep from being sued for discrimination. Dunno. Strange and unnecessary.

I would thank your post if the function still worked for me

We’ll be just fine. I am glad the advice was free though.

I was thinking of donating to them this year after we make our move out of state but I will not any longer.
This is how far the sinkhole our country has fallen. If this organization really supported our troops they wouldn’t have cared what group it came from as long as it wasnt a terrorist group.
It’s disgusting how much power secular groups have these days.

I just checked the salary of the CEO folks. You won’t believe it!!!That jerk makes over 319k a yearTalk about pimping money from the people and using our soldiers to do it.My uncles on my dads side and my aunt were all WW2 vets who would have been disgusted to hear this kind of crap.

[quote=“ClassicalTeacher, post:1, topic:38064”]
This is so sad. It makes no sense. It just makes me more convinced that our country is dying…

» Wounded Warrior Project Rejects Funds from Local Church » Fresh Ink – GOPUSA
[/quote]I think religious groups generally need to do a better job explaining their place in a civil society. I don’t think much of America gets it. Alexis de Tocqueville did, from the outside, looking in.

But people have their minds made up. They will not listen to religious groups (well, maybe to Muslims, but not to Christians and Jews). They already have their minds made up, and the propaganda that is fed to them demonizes us. If they just happen to see the truth in a few people (which is likely only to happen with people they know well), it’s just, “oh, they’re the exception.”

[quote=“Susanna, post:16, topic:38064”]
But people have their minds made up. They will not listen to religious groups (well, maybe to Muslims, but not to Christians and Jews). They already have their minds made up, and the propaganda that is fed to them demonizes us. If they just happen to see the truth in a few people (which is likely only to happen with people they know well), it’s just, “oh, they’re the exception.”
[/quote]I sure hope you’re wrong.

Might I suggest you look into Horses for Heroes.

Agreed! Have you ever read Tocqueville? Talk about clarity of thought! AmeriKa does NOT get it. And AmeriKa gets it less and less every day. BTW: love your avatar! Cute hairdo!!

Thanks Tp I will give them a look :slight_smile: