Wow....the Persecution is upon us.

God and religion are going to be unlawful very soon. So, believers are in the same category as al qaeda, eh?

This Is What Intolerance Smells Like - Susan Stamper Brown - Page full

Glad this proseletyzing by officers issue is being attacked. May not like all the people involved…but it is long overdue to stop officers from limiting the careers of subordinates and promoting their own beliefs in mass assemblies etc. …They work for the government and have no right to proseletyze and/or intimidate those not of their faith. They can pray and read their bibles and attend church as they see fit…but the line stops at using their positions to advantage their sect.
BTW… this is what the Military Religious Freedom Foundation advocates as their “Mission Statement”

[LIST]
[]** No religion or religious philosophy may be advanced by the United States Armed Forces over any other **religion or religious philosophy.
[
]
[] **No member of the United States Armed Forces may be compelled in any way to conform to a particular religion or religious philosophy.
[
]
[] **No member of the United States Armed Forces may be compelled in any way to witness or engage in any religious exercise.
[
]
[] No member of the military may be compelled to curtail – except in the most limited of military circumstances and when it directly impacts military discipline, morale and the successful completion of a specific military goal – **the free exercise of their religious practices or beliefs.
[
]
[] **Students at United States military academies are entitled to the same Constitutional rights **pertaining to religious freedoms and the free exercise of those freedoms to which all other members of the United States Armed Forces military are entitled.
[
]
[] No member of the military may be compelled to endure unwanted religious proselytization, evangelization or persuasion of any sort in a military setting and/or by a military superior or civilian employee of the military.
[
]
[] The full exercise of religious freedom includes the right not to subscribe to any particular religion or religious philosophy. The so-called “unchurched” cede no Constitutional rights by want of their separation from organized faith.
[
]
[] It is the responsibility of the military hierarchy to ensure that the free exercise of religious freedoms of all enlisted personnel are respected and served.
[
]
[*] All military personnel have the right to employ appropriate judicial means to protect their religious rights (I assume this refers to the military justice system rather than civilian remedies which would NOT be appropriate in my opinion)
[/LIST]
I don’t see one thing here anyone who believes in the 1st amendment should find objectionable.

Cam, how many Boot Camp graduations have you attended? Ever attend any Marine Corps birthday parades, or those of the other branches? Any large military functions? Ever deal with a chaplain at all?

Military Chaplains are some of the best people that I have ever met regardless of their personal religious sect. It’s no wonder that Cam hates them and wants to see them and those that would benefit from their presence run out of the military.

I believe this to be a push to get true patriots and people with actual morals out of the military. Such members within the military is their main resistance for what they really want to use our military–to control the US with an iron fist much like the Democrat Party’s communist idols across the world.

None…but please inform me how ANY of my listed bullet points of religious freedom and constitutionality would change if I had? How does attending such functions negate the first amendment rights we all have and which may not be abridged by government? I make no claim of military experience and I thank those who serve and have served in harms way. So exactly which one of my first amendment rights as detailed above in post 2 would I be giving up willingly if I’d attended a boot camp graduation?
Or was the point that I haven’t served so don’t get to speak? I don’t think CT served either.
Or is the point that I don’t get to disagree about soldiers rights under the constitution because I haven’t served? Funny…thought the soldiers were there to protect our rights…not dictate them.
Anyway…looking forward to your answer.

I remember saying this to Obama supporters during his first campaign (that Christians would start being persecuted for their beliefs). Everyone thought I was being paranoid and extreme. I really hope this article is a fake. If not, Christians prepare to be persecuted for righteousness’ sake, and in case any of my other “paranoid extreme thoughts” become reality: Americans beware of Obama’s civilian army. Also, stay safe and armed and possibly hidden on Armed Forces Day through Memorial Day.

I believe that we are entering a time of extreme persecution of the Christian church and Christians themselves. All the signs are there–and many examples of persecution happen almost daily…and I don’t mean in foreign countries–they happen almost everyday here in this country. BO is intent on destroying this country AND the Christian church.

God and religion in America is acceptable. However, the believers will always be persecuted and will try to be silenced by the non believers, but the difference is this is the United Sates of America and not another country, and we have a constitution a (Law) that allows for freedom of religion. Therefore the believers have a responsibility to speak up and act to defend their freedom to practice their religion, and should be prepared to go all the way. That’s not being done enough and we see the result.

BO is intent on destroying this country AND the Christian church.

I read revelations last night and there was the 7 headed beast. There was a verse about it being given a mouth to speak blasphemes and such. I think Obama is just the mouth. Part of the evil beast to be sure but figuratively speaking, not the whole beast.

Therefore the believers have a responsibility to speak up and act to defend their freedom to practice their religion, and should be prepared to go all the way.

Practicing Christianity means preaching the gospel. If you stand to be murdered for preaching the word of God, and preach anyway then yours is the kingdom of heaven. Hold tight to your faith, and endure until the end. Bless those that hate you, and revile you, and curse you for your reward will be great. Who can promise a greater reward than our God?

Our laws that allow for freedom of religion are already being ignored and stomped in the mud. They won’t help us much longer.

The FBI and CIA are allied the vile, anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, Southern Poverty Law Center. Among it’s list of “Hate Groups” are several Christian and Jewish organizations that are only there for opposing SSM. I think they plan on using “human rights” as a pretext for cracking down on the faithful.

Well I wouldn’t put it past them. Some years ago, pro-lifers who marched publicly or who were outside of abortion mills praying and protesting were arrested on RICO charges. If that isn’t an abuse of power, I don’t know what is. I don’t know whatever happened in those cases, either. But, I don’t think pro-lifers are being charged under RICO anymore. Anyone know anything more about this?

I’m not sure, but I think the charges were dropped. So ridiculous, since RICO deals with extortion. How can you twist a peaceful protest into “extortion”?

Radical leftists and pro-aborts will try anything to stop pro-lifers. I believe I read somewhere that it was O’Donohue (Donohue?) who aided the pro-lifers in their defense, but I could be mistaken–it was so long ago. Thanks for the info, Susanna!

Small as it may seem, the attacks on Christians on this forum are a type of persecution.

Well sure. Christian/believer-bashing is one of the last pc acceptable forms of hatred. And, it is going to get worse.

Do You Know About the Plight of Christians in the Middle East? How About Human Trafficking in America? | Video | TheBlaze.com

Here is an example of it getting worse

I’m going to watch it later. Thanks for the link, though!

They wont last for much longer unless we fight and go all the way. I mean all the way to the supreme court. We should go all the way and fight for our beliefs, and we haven’t been.

I don’t trust the Supremes anymore to do what they were established to do. I doubt very much if it would do much good, but if asked, I would go along happily.