WOW, what happened to Trump this morning

Been listening to him and he has gone off the rails, spent almost 20 min talking (poor mouthing Cruz) and wandering everywhere, almost could not follow him, ego was unchecked and he might well have undone a lot from last night.

No need to talk about Cruz at all and again imply his father and Lee H Oswald had something going…

Trump should ignore Cruz and concentrate on what he wants to do and remind people about Hillery’s many shortcomings.

Cruz is a big pile of political bones. Cruz needs to become a phoenix if he is to rise again. That’s going to take a while if it happens at all.

OH NO! After a great night and he has to go and do that! How disappointing. He should be focusing entirely on Hillary and the email scandal. Bummer - Huge bummer!

Trump has always been just as petty as Cruz. It’s why they couldn’t get along.

Trump likes to have the last word. I hope he does have it with Hillary.

There’s nothing “petty” about Cruz though I will agree that Trump tends that way. You accuse Cruz of “pettiness” simply because he didn’t offer the endorsement of Trump you’d hoped for. Why SHOULD he have? Remember that Trump trashed his citizenship, his wife, children and even his father. Frankly, if he’d done that to MY family, I wouldn’t “endorse” him either. Two hundred years ago, I’d have challenged him to a duel.

Don, I could not agree with you more. When I point out that Trump is a terrible candidate, which is often, my assessment is not based on his positions - 90%+ I can support. No, it centers around the stunning level of tone deafness he brings to the campaign against Hillary Clinton.

Unfortunately, Clinton is correct - he is thin-skinned, holds a grudge and is vindictive. As you well know, In Oklahoma and Texas we call such people small and petty. The only thing I can think of where Clinton has a point is when she calls into question his temperament to be president.

The day after his acceptance speech to allow himself to once again talk about Cruz, Cruz’s wife and the charge that a picture of Cruz’s father with Lee Harvey Oswald was on the cover of a magazine decades ago, implying a family connection to assassination, was simply the most politically stupid move I have ever witnessed - and I’ve witnessed some real beauties. I mean, my God!!

But, as if he hadn’t taken a large enough public dump, to then offer that he doesn’t want and wouldn’t accept Cruz’s endorsement even if it is offered and to then threaten to form a super PAC to raise funds to unseat Cruz when/if he runs again for the Senate - I mean - your term, Don, “unhinged” is right on target.

Bottom line: We have selected two candidates who both possess severe character flaws - dangerous character flaws.

When I vote for Trump it will be with a large dose of trepidation.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:6, topic:49130”]
Two hundred years ago, I’d have challenged him to a duel.
[/quote]And if I were Batman and Trump were a villain in Gotham City, I’d pull my Shark Spray from my Utility Belt and spray him in the face with it!

Trump is just a scumbag, as soon as the pageantry of a scripted convention ended he was right back to what he has always been.

It is amazing that this would surprise anyone, Trump shouts down his own conscience by trying to articulate the justifications that he continually bounces around in his head; he thinks his echo chamber is coherent and he keeps it rolling until he believes his own lies.

Cruz is living rent free in Trumps head and Trump has nobody but himself to blame, when you attack innocent good men you are left only with those who find it acceptable to attack innocent good men.

Notice how Cruz never brings up Trump and only responds to a small amount of the questions that he constantly gets about Trump? That is the fruit of a clear conscience and decisions made on Principle; you will NOT see such deliberate clarity from Trump without a script.

Interestingly, the pledge was designed to strong-arm Trump into not running independent, and it backfired on the GOP. After all this crap, Ted Cruz, the establishment’s last hope to override the people, was the one left on the spot and he earned his nickname in a campaogn farce gone wrong.

Sorry, but the establishment really screwed themselves over this time. Their attempts to strong-arm their own nominee after they thought they could devise some bullcrap strategy to screw that nominee over blew up in their face after every dirty ploy failed. In the end, Ted Cruz looked like a crybaby loser who ran out of adult after his low blows were responded to by even lower blows by the guy he was sniping at.

And you know what? He’d *kill *​to put Hillary Clinton in the White House because a run against an incumbent Trump would screw his reputation before the public like an old Coke bottle. His bull speech at Trump’s convention showed only one thing: Here is a blatant liar willing to screw up the nation for the rest of everyone on this forum’s (including me, my health’s a mess) lives to advance himself. He will spend the next 40 years getting fat off a “conservativism” that put Hillary in the White House for personal gain.

Sour grapes on your part. Cruz didn’t kiss Trump’s posterior and grovel in his presence asking for forgiveness for letting Trump smear his entire family. Even if he had kissed Trump’s posterior, the Trump supporters would be complaining that the hickey wasn’t big or dark enough.

Cruz called for unity in the same way that Reagan did in 1976.

BTW, it wasn’t Trump’s convention. It was the Republican Party Convention. Looks like the spoiled rotten child ‘Mine, mine, mine…All mine’ attitude at play here.

Sorry, but Cruz didn’t start that mess. One of the “Super PACs” that supported Cruz (or ANYONE other than Trump) posted those pictures of Trump’s wife. NOT the Cruz campaign itself. Infuriated, Trump started insulting anyone connected with Cruz…including his entire family. BTW, Trump’s wife POSED for those pictures and now complains when they are part of the campaign to defeat him???

[quote=“Americarnage, post:10, topic:49130”]
Interestingly, the pledge was designed to strong-arm Trump into not running independent, and it backfired on the GOP. After all this crap, Ted Cruz, the establishment’s last hope to override the people, was the one left on the spot and he earned his nickname in a campaogn farce gone wrong.

Sorry, but the establishment really screwed themselves over this time. Their attempts to strong-arm their own nominee after they thought they could devise some bullcrap strategy to screw that nominee over blew up in their face after every dirty ploy failed. In the end, Ted Cruz looked like a crybaby loser who ran out of adult after his low blows were responded to by even lower blows by the guy he was sniping at.

And you know what? He’d *kill *​to put Hillary Clinton in the White House because a run against an incumbent Trump would screw his reputation before the public like an old Coke bottle. His bull speech at Trump’s convention showed only one thing: Here is a blatant liar willing to screw up the nation for the rest of everyone on this forum’s (including me, my health’s a mess) lives to advance himself. He will spend the next 40 years getting fat off a “conservativism” that put Hillary in the White House for personal gain.
[/quote] Sorry, AC, but that’s utter BS on a shingle! Ted Cruz looks like a “crybaby loser” ONLY to those who don’t recognize REAL character when they see and hear it.

As ridiculous as it sounds when Trump supporters attempt to diminish Cruz it does serve one purpose, it is a constant reminder that Conservatives have absolutely nothing in common with Trump and his crowd; the “New GOP” will be very loud and very small.

I can understand why this doesn’t look intelligible on the surface, but he frankly showed up for three reasons, per his comments about Trump the next day. They follow his rather dastardly plot for the 2020 election:

1. Encourage Cruz voters leaning Trump to stay home, vote Libertardian, or best of all (for him), vote for Hillary Clinton, thereby placing her in power, and absolving him of his party’s ire should he make an attempt in 2020.

2. Plant seeds of dissent against Trump at Trump’s own convention, in case Trump by some miracle is the incumbent in 2020. Cruz will likely spend the primaries hounding Trump over things he’d said 4, 8, 12, or up to 30 years ago, leaving no room for the ephermal in likely shameless, vindictive attacks inspired by the ugly feelings Cruz is letting stew.

3. If either plot is brought up, Ted Cruz’s political career is (cough) over. The consequences of a Cruz mammon-reversal that creates the second Clinton White House will create fallout that will certainly mean a contested 2018 Texas Senate primary against someone who’s got the goods.

You know what else? Trump knows all this, he knew when he saw the speech Cruz gave him, and he likely sat there laughing when Cruz delivered it. Trump is just as shady as Cruz is! He knew doggone well that whatever was on that peice of paper was total smoke, just as he knew that the delegates were standing up during Laura Ingraham’s declaration that “you must support the Republican nominee!” Ted Cruz was going to get up there with the real speech-the longest political suicide note in the history of the United States.

So why did Trump let it happen?

Hillary Clinton’s quoting Cruz during the lovable Texas conservative speech tells us all we need to know: Donald Trump wanted Cruz to commit suicide, he wanted Hillary to take it as a nod, and he wanted his party’s general public to at least think that the crook and the liar were gonna steal a church spire, and then double-cross each other four years down the road.

[quote=“John_Blutarski, post:11, topic:49130”]
Sour grapes on your part. Cruz didn’t kiss Trump’s posterior.
[/quote]Not in my case. I knew Cruz was going to go the convention, give a long-winded speech and not endorse Trump. I also knew that Trump offered him the spot knowing full well he wouldn’t endorse. It was his parting gift to Cruz. A platform and a nice hemp rope to hang himself. Getting booed off the stage was a humorous bonus I hadn’t expected.

Cruz needs to stay in the senate. I’d like to hope that perhaps he’ll learn something about being a team player and not backstabbing in the future. He’d be a lot more effective if he could actually work with people.

[quote=“Pappadave, post:12, topic:49130”]
Sorry, but Cruz didn’t start that mess. One of the “Super PACs” that supported Cruz (or ANYONE other than Trump) posted those pictures of Trump’s wife. NOT the Cruz campaign itself. Infuriated, Trump started insulting anyone connected with Cruz…including his entire family. BTW, Trump’s wife POSED for those pictures and now complains when they are part of the campaign to defeat him???
[/quote]It wasn’t the pictures, Trump is fine and even proud of the pictures. His problem was the message about them, and his wife. Perhaps Cruz wasn’t aware of it, I don’t know. Trump certainly thought he was, and I agree. I think it’s reasonable to believe that there is a good chance Cruz was on board. And of course Trump went on a full tear. That’s what he does.

Cruz is clearly too much of a delicate little flower to handle a national campaign. He needs to go back to the senate, realize his mistakes and build some alliances. He could have a good future if he learns from this.

Again, it’s not Trump’s convention. It’s the Republican Party convention. Trump doesn’t own the Republican convention.

That’s a joke :thatsfunny: ; the establishment blatantly sided with Trump well before Cruz lost the primary.

Trump was having lunch with not just Chris Christy, but McConnell and John Boehner in February. Boehner was even outright tweeting Trump as his “friend”, while trashing Cruz.

Be a Trump hound all you want, but if we’re talking establishment, your guy knows them & and has a closer relationship with them than Cruz did, face facts.

And we all know why too: Trump wasn’t their guy, but they all look at his “non-stance” on so many issues he doesn’t have a clue about, and think they can “direct” him into being their guy. I mean, who else is he going to listen to? His family? Those advisers he didn’t hire?

It’s not backstabbing if the appointed leader’s a troll. You only say that, as you boil down politics to Blue vs Red, not ideas.

Cruz doesn’t represent the sentiments Trump does, and he’s in the right to continue to represent what he knows is right. Irony of ironies; the politician faithfully represents himself, whereas the businessman is the wash.

SMH this misses the point. The Junior U.S. senator from Texas took the option of appearing at a convention to peaking of which, or her ministry here.
nominate the object of his hatred and deliberately failed to endorse him for uis own political gain.