You stupid gun control freaks, this is your ridiculous, ludicrous, stupid world

Students Suspended For Playing With Pellet Gun in Own Front Yard, One Mother Called Because It Made Her “Uncomfortable” to See a Boy Point a Gun She Knew Wasn’t Real
WAVY, the NBC affiliate in Hampton Roads, Virginia asks “has zero tolerance gone too far?” as it reports this story:
A suspended seventh grade Virginia Beach student will find out soon if he is expelled for the rest of the year for shooting an airsoft gun.

UPDATE: Khalid and Aidan have been expelled.

Students Suspended For Playing With Pellet Gun in Own Front Yard, One Mother Called Because It Made Her

2 Likes

[sarcasm] Ya gotta break some eggs … [/sarcasm]

1 Like

Stupid liberalism in it’s finest glory.

2 Likes

If it’s the same story I heard yesterday, it wasn’t even a proper pellet gun; it was an Airsoft gun. :banghead:

3 Likes

I’m surprised that the orange muzzle wasn’t a giveaway.

Interesting that they were expelled for it. When I was in school, students weren’t expelled for doing far worse. They were just shifted to another school.

Sad tale of the world we live in, but doesn’t even touch the pop tart gun suspension. Anyone that votes for an incumbent in a school board race gets what they deserve. Fake guns, common core and all!

If these boys had raped a 3rd grade girl, shown up to school on drugs, sold drugs in the school parking lot, attacked a member of the chess club and then spent whatever time they decided to actually attend class disrupting the whole thing so no other kids could learn…They would NOT be suspended for the year.

Liberals are Evil, these boys would be better off to never return to this propaganda mill.

3 Likes

The problem is zero tolerance policies in general. It’s ridiculous for the lawyers to strip the administrators of discretion necessary to distinguish between real guns at school and playing with an airgun at home.

It’s liberalism in general that’s the problem.

What if these kids had gone deer hunting, with gasp high powered rifles?!?!?

Oh!! The horror!!!

These school officials would be hanged by the neck until dead down here.

2 Likes

it would seem that there are other factors, they were shooting at other unarmed kids at the bus stop

“One actually said he dropped his book bag and ran and still got hit,” Cox said. “They were suspended and recommended for expulsion.”

“This was a measured response to a threat to student safety. A school principal took firm steps to ensure weapons didn’t make their way into his school and that children didn’t have to endure being shot at with a pellet gun as they walked to their bus stop,” Daniel D. Edwards, chairman of the Virginia Beach school board, said in a statement.

“It is important to note that the students in question were witnessed taking aim at other students, not just from private property but in the streets of their neighborhood as well — all while awaiting the arrival of their school bus.”

“This is not an example of a public educator overreaching. This was not zero tolerance at all,” he added.

Virginia middle schoolers suspended for the year after toy pellet gun incident - U.S. News

1 Like

When the school bus was mentioned in the initial read I suspected that there was more to the story. Still silly though.

From the clarification, it was bad behavior. But a threat to safety? Good grief. Playing football would be more dangerous.

[quote=“Fantasy_Chaser, post:12, topic:41166”]
From the clarification, it was bad behavior. But a threat to safety? Good grief. Playing football would be more dangerous.
[/quote] Agreed

Thanks for the update, UNT. It certainly suggests that the disciplinary action was taken for a rational reason, not anti-gun hysteria or simplistic adherence to a zero tolerance policy.

That doesn’t mean the discipline was rational though. Unless they had repeated bad behavior they shouldn’t miss a single day of school. Community service and a gun saftey class will serve them much better than missing half a year of school.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree. For a first offense (if those are the facts), it seems unnecessarily destructive for them to miss a half year of school.

[quote=“Nonentity, post:5, topic:41166”]
Interesting that they were expelled for it. When I was in school, students weren’t expelled for doing far worse. They were just shifted to another school.
[/quote]Around my state, expulsion means the district is obligated to find you another method of education, alternative school, tutoring, something – usually something even more expensive.

I got in trouble once for using fake guns from the drama closet in a play, i.e. exactly what those props were for.

A few updates.

The incident occurred on Sept. 12 as the students played with the airsoft guns on the Caraballos’ private property while waiting for the school bus. The front yard in which the boys were playing is located 70 yards from the bus stop.

Further, an additional 911 call made on the day of the incident reportedly “further confirms Khalid Caraballo did not leave his private property during the September 12 incident,” according to WAVY-TV.

Edwards says there are witnesses who claim the boys were shooting other students in the street. Larkspur Middle School principal Matthew Delaney says there was a student only 10 feet from the bus stop fleeing from “from the shots being fired, but was still hit.”

It’s unclear how, if the Caraballos’ property is 70 yards from the bus stop and a 911 call supports Khalid’s claim that he never left his property, students were hit with “shots fired’ 10 feet from the bus stop.

Aidan Clark, 12, admits to running into the street in front of Khalid’s house at one point, but he said they didn’t shoot the guns in the street and his friend never left his property.

Stunning Update: Seventh-Grade Students Suspended for a YEAR for Playing With Airsoft Guns on Private Property | TheBlaze.com

Here is the range of a standard airsoft RIFLE. I don’t know what the kid had, but even the rifle with the standard load and without the “hop-up” is 90’ or 30 yds. With the boost, your talking 48 yds. Witnesses place the kids 70 yds from the bus stop. How was the kid supposed to have been hit that was 10’ from the bus stop?

OH KRIPE another chart. It was a TOY!!! a FRIGGEN TOY!! Jazz I am not surprised at your reaction. you want the wussification of all boys in the nation. The pellets are sponge rubber, the distance traveled is minimal, this whole thing is out of bounds and out of reality. [ I want my daisy!] Were I the mother I would sue everyone involved and especially the lady that called it in. She evidently is quite the neighborhood busybody.