Your Charade Is Over

This little missile is intended for those of you on this conservative website who have been passing yourselves off as principled, constitutional conservatives.

You know who you are and so do the conservatives on this site. You have self-identified by rejecting a proven constitutional conservative fighter, Ted Cruz, in favor of a non-conservative “flame thrower” of questionable principles with a history of political expediency for his personal gain, Donald Trump. Your charade is over.

You have embraced Donald Trump at the expense of exposing your true values. Trump has been and is all over the map politically - at one time or another he has been on the opposite side from conservatives on virtually every issue. To embrace him requires that one ignore this fact and take what Trump says he thinks and would do based not on his record, but on HOPE and FAITH. I must remind you that we currently have the result of HOPE and FAITH sitting in the White House right now.

But, as much as anything else, the rejection of Cruz in favor of Trump requires one to defy logic. For years, many of you now on the Trump bandwagon, have correctly - I think - assessed Chris Christie as a big government, often left of center, opportunistic blowhard - a man not worthy of the slightest consideration for office. Apparently, however, the meaning of Christie’s endorsement and Trump’s “warm kiss” acceptance of it, along with his opening act status for Trump on the campaign trail, is not important and, therefore, has been expediently ignored by you. When Trump becomes POTUS (and he might), that Chris Christie will likely be our Vice President, is apparently no big deal to you. Christie being “appointed” by Trump as his right-hand-man would signal to real constitutional conservatives - or even those right of center - how Trump might govern.

Yes, the charade on this site by those Trumpsters who have heretofore cloaked their true identity by draping themselves with the banner of conservatism - well, your charade is over. You’ve been called out by a conservative who doesn’t give a damn what you think!!

I just laugh when Trump supporters say “He will do what he says!!”. Well given how many times Trump has flopped on the issues I am not sure what he will do as it seems like he says what ever is popular at the time. People like him lack true convictions.

I have no issue backing Trump in the general as I would rather have a liberal lite, like Trump, that a full on leftist nut that is Hilary or Sanders.

We’ll start with a small request. Osculate My Fundament.
You are at it again. Every Four years? Man, this gets old, quick.
You have absolutely no right to determine what parameters I observe in choosing my candidate. You have some kind of unmitigated gall. So, in effect, you are calling me a phoney and a liar. Thank God, this day, for computer anonymity.
Christie endorsed Trump. Trump has appointed no one. Your affection for the Liar UntrusTed Cruz is causing your honesty to fade, assuming you ever had honesty, in your heart. You are now resorting to embellishment to try to pretend you are the wise old sage of Conservatism. Horse Puckey.
You, and your Republican’t idols still do not get it, as is obvious by your stupid manipulative posts. You still buy into the “Republicans are our Friends”, nonsense. Cruz is bought and paid for, and will capitulate to his donors, just like all the other corrupt politicians in your party. He’s proven to be a liar, so all your meaningless rhetoric about Trump, is the pot calling the kettle black.
I know you highly educated types like to think you are so much smarter than us poor old rednecks, and you seem to think your word about things is written in stone, so you resort to disparaging us for thinking for ourselves. I do not care who you think is a conservative, and I especially do not care what you think of me. You can take your opinion and use it for a suppository.
Just vote for your candidate and quit trying to shame people into voting for your guy. We don’t want him. This is becoming a pattern. You are exposing your true colors, as a manipulative self aggrandized know it all. If you think attacking me is productive, go for it. Be prepared. I will not go quietly into this good night.
Sheesh!!!

Coming from a guy who I do believe said he’d vote for Rubio if all else fails, this diatribe falsl a tad flat.

I haven’t “embraced” Donald Trump. However, I would vote for him in the general election. Rubio? When Hell freezes over.
And, jftr, Trump DOES have a record of success.

Sen. Cruz is not without faults, so don’t come crying to me when you find out what they are.
You speak of Christie’s chumminess with Trump, but not Beck’s chumminess with Cruz? Gad, they’re both the worst endorsement I could think of.
I take BOTH into consideration. Furthermore, Christie is about to be the VP choice of Trump like I am. Why anybody thinks so is beyond me.
(*As an aside, I don’t ‘get’ this thinking that some prior, fallen candidate will be ANY victor’s VP choice. Rarely, are they.)

I don’t “ignore” anything. I take ALL things into consideration. (I guess you completely forgot that Sen. Cruz was in favor of a “path to citizenship” at one time?)

Bottom line: How DARE you call my judgement into question? This, coming from a guy who apparently doesn’t have the political acumen to KNOW the RNC has a set-up for their selection, every go-around.

And just like the RNC and MSM, you appear clueless as to what the fight is ABOUT.

Don’t tell ME that I don’t have the best interest of the U.S.A. in my heart of hearts. I, after all, REFUSE to vote for Rubio.

I wonder when Trump and Christie will hug, and embrace during a walk along the Jersey Beach.

Politicians wrap themselves in the Constitution when it supports their position and tend to abandon it in other cases. Cruz is no exception as his support of the Patriot Act proves. By the way, please list the unconstitutional proposals that Trump has made. As far as qualifications, Trump has a lifetime of executive experience, Cruz has none. Trump plays well with others, Cruz does not. As far as accepting a candidate on faith, yes I do and so do you and everyone else who does not have a close personal relationship with the candidates. Either one of them can accomplish some of their goals without Congress but Congressional co-operation is needed for most of them. Reagan worked with democrats and had some so-called liberal opinions even as president. Throwing him under the bus too? If you, like many, view conservatism and liberalism as a checklist of ideological issues then I am not a conservative and have never represented myself as one here (or elsewhere). I believe that Trump can and will fulfil his number one promise to fix illegal immigration and he can do it constitutionally with or without Congress. I believe that he is the only electable candidate who will do this. Good enough for me.

I just plain don’t cotton to people questioning my integrity.

Tiny, I’m not trying to shame you or anyone else into anything. The fact is, the race for the nomination is OVER. It is OVER and Trump will be the Republican nominee…

What I am doing is pointing out that some on this site claiming the loudest to be guided by conservative principle are not guided by those principles at all. Supporting Trump is your own business, but don’t pretend you are guided by and value constitutional principles.

Your charade and that of other Trumpsters on this site is over. Own it.

My original reaction to the OP was how much it reminded me of Madeline Albright’s rebuke of women who support Sanders over Clinton.

If you have supported Trump at the expense of Cruz, perhaps you should examine your integrity.

Folks, lets keep this conversation to what people post. Let’s not get into attacking each other personally.

Argue your positions, not each other.

This sums it up for me.

I’m predicting he will win the primary, despite my vote against him. I’ll vote against Hillary. I won’t feel good about it. I’m sadly getting used to that feeling.

I wasn’t aware you were a Trump supporter, 2cent.

Actually, I have consistently stated that I would and did support/vote for Cruz in the Texas primary. I have stated I would vote in the general for the eventual nominee, period. I’m sure you do have the best interests of the country in your heart of hearts. I’m simply pointing out that supporting Trump instead of the only constitutional conservative in the race, while at the same time claiming to hold conservative principle dear . . .

I realize that this particular post was directed at Tiny, but because the OP was directed at us all, I’ll insert my 2c’s.

Again, you expose that you don’t know WHY conservatives are supporting the one person who is exposing the RNC, and the media, for what they are.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, many Conservatives find this to be of very high value in the long run.

The RNC has treated us like stupid guinea pigs for YEARS! FINALLY, someone comes along to tell them, AND the media, that they’re not so important, after all - exposing their lack of credibility, and taking them to the bank on it.

I applaud it, TOO! To suggest that it shows no integrity is to suggest that you have no idea of what the movement is about!
No more idea than the RNC nor the media does.

Me too!!

If your intent is to vote against another person, then we’re back at where we began. As you know, voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil.

I don’t care for many of Trump’s policies, but I do not view him as evil. I truly think he has the best interests of this country in mind. Even if that means his own ego will be the force him to make sure we come out ahead.
Rubio? Not so much. At this point, I don’t even know why he wants the job, except for he’ll feel cool getting it.

Unlike Trump, who will, I believe, work towards endeavors that create wealth, Rubio is next to clueless.

No, I get it. People are so pissed they are willing to set aside their previously professed conservative principles to support and send to Washington a man of questionable ethics, veracity, character and politics in hopes he will stick his finger in every ones eye. And you did this while you had a REAL conservative choice - Cruz - whom you knew for certain where he stood on the issues and who actually HAD A RECORD of singlehandedly standing up and confronting his do-nothing colleagues in an effort to accomplished what you say you want done - and he did so at considerable personal/political risk.

It was your choice and the choice of a few other CINOS on this site. It is what it is.

Excuse me? I “did this?” Did I not make it clear that I voted to nominate Cruz yesterday?
And I did that with trepidation NOT knowing, for sure, where Cruz stands on illegal immigration. (If you think he’s been steadfast on THAT one, you haven’t been paying attention.)

Screw you and your ASSUMPTIONS of what I may, or may NOT, have done. Furthermore, how dare you suggest that I - or anyone else - don’t vote for what we think is best for his country?
Cruz, whether you prefer to believe so or not, AIN’T NO SAINT. Stick that on your fork and chew on it a while because I am DONE with the innuendos and suppositions that I care less about my own country than someone who is willing to vote for Rubio!

[quote=“2cent, post:18, topic:48377”]
Excuse me? I “did this?” Did I not make it clear that I voted to nominate Cruz yesterday?
And I did that with trepidation NOT knowing, for sure, where Cruz stands on illegal immigration. (If you think he’s been steadfast on THAT one, you haven’t been paying attention.)

Screw you and your ASSUMPTIONS of what I may, or may NOT, have done. Furthermore, how dare you suggest that I - or anyone else - don’t vote for what we think is best for his country?
Cruz, whether you prefer to believe so or not, AIN’T NO SAINT. Stick that on your fork and chew on it a while because I am DONE with the innuendos and suppositions that I care less about my own country than someone who is willing to vote for Rubio!
[/quote]Keep in mind that many conservatives who voted for Romney to hard line republicans we still voted for obama

[quote=“MDMikeB, post:8, topic:48377”]
Tiny, I’m not trying to shame you or anyone else into anything. The fact is, the race for the nomination is OVER. It is OVER and Trump will be the Republican nominee…

What I am doing is pointing out that some on this site claiming the loudest to be guided by conservative principle are not guided by those principles at all. Supporting Trump is your own business, but don’t pretend you are guided by and value constitutional principles.

Your charade and that of other Trumpsters on this site is over. Own it.
[/quote]Yanno, you keep disparaging me saying that I am performing a charade.

1. I never claimed I was voting for Trump because I am being guided by conservative principle. The way I see it, is that the Republican Party fights against conservatism. No matter which Republican’t gets elected, conservatism will take a back seat to their cronyism.
    2)Yes, you definitely are trying to shame people, and this is not the first time. This has become commonplace for you. You and Jazzhead castigated us to no end when we DID demand a conservative, and now that I’ve decided that we need a bull dog, you are not happy with that, either.
    Whatever. Have a nice day.