Zimmerman affair

I have been watching and reading the news and the democrats are taking full advantage of this tragic event to get Obama reelected.

People are wearing hoodies and Obama is now selling hoodies on his web site.

It will not be long before someone will claim Zimmerman was a radical rightwinger and thus this exemplifies what Republicans do.

Even one of the local black churches is condemning Zimmerman for defending himself.

This nation has become more polarized with Obama pushing buttons to divide Americans along racial lines. I see more and more people speaking out with comments geared to their unhappiness with what is going on with race here.

We have a Justice department that excuses racists behavior of blacks and overlooks what has been happening across the nation with some blacks telling us they want to act out now they have a president in their corner.

The ranks of organizations like the KKK must be enjoying a revival because of Obama’s actions.

Look at the positive side, gun and ammo sales will pick up even further./sarcasm

This situation is nothing more than a modern day lynch mob and Zimmerman is the patsy.

There are no moral lines that Racist Liberals will not cross to obtain their selfish goals.

Not concerned in the least by this. I’m well armed, have plenty of food, and hey, who wouldn’t want a few paid days off of work?

Zimmerman is a registered Democrat.

[quote=“natstew, post:4, topic:34129”]
Zimmerman is a registered Democrat.
[/quote] Seriously? Do you have a link to your source?
Not doubting it, as I’m very, VERY familiar with the area involved, but I’d like a source before I start repeating this.

A Democrat(assumed) with a CHL!!? Must be a BlueDog.

Just in terms of what the MSM and Race Baiters are doing, this has been a Duke lacrosse team style media lynching. And with the scope of the publicity, is there a venue anywhere in the US where a fair trial could be had?

Military Tribunal?

EXACTLY Right Pete!

None of them care about justice anyways. This is all about furthering racial tension.

Fools. They are only going to hurt the cause of equality in the long run.

using a gun to fight an unarmed person sounds like a democrat to me.

I will admit I laughed at this. :rofl: Well played.

Yeah, he should have taken the beating until his assailant was ready to stop…

Let’s see how that works. Think about it…

Both of them were in the wrong. Trayvon for violently punching this man and then slamming his head into the pavement, and Zimmerman for chasing after him and shooting him after the police ordered him not to.

Well, maybe;

Zimmerman got out of his SUV to follow Trayvon on foot. When a dispatch employee asked Zimmerman if he was following the 17-year-old, Zimmerman said yes. The dispatcher told Zimmerman he did not need to do that.

[SIZE=4]There is about **a one-minute gap **during which police say they’re not sure what happened.

Zimmerman told them he lost sight of Trayvon and was walking back to his SUV when Trayvon approached him from the left rear, and they exchanged words.

Trayvon Martin: George Zimmerman’s account to police of the Trayvon Martin shooting. - Orlando Sentinel
[/SIZE]

I keep reading different stories with new twists. Obviously we are not getting the full story here.

Trayvon Martin’s family tries to trademark the name of murdered son — RT

The moment I read this story in the news I had a feeling something was fishy. Especially the new developments that have come to light in the last couple of days, Trayvon’s Twitter shows he wasn’t exactly the “perfect” kid like the pictures his family have suggested.

I’m sure the gun control freaks are having a field day with this one.

He didn’t have to be a perfect kid. He was just walking through the neighborhood.

And there’s no problem with the gun laws. This is an unfortunate example of manslaughter - man picks fight, then resorts to a gun when his opponent turns the tables.

It looks like we have people lining up to lynch him either for race reasons or antigun reasons. I just can not believe that some people will say Zimmerman had no right to defend himself.

We have those who thinks that a young man can not over power an older heavier person

That’s absurd. This has nothing to do with the right to defend oneself, or even with the gun laws that allowed Zimmerman to conceal a gun on his person. A kid was walking through a neighborhood where he belonged, with no criminal intent. He was taking a halftime break to walk to a convenience store. A wannabe cop appears to have picked a fight, and then pulled out his gun when the fight was going against him. That seems to me to be a textbook example of manslaughter, just like in a barfight.

What the process needs to establish is who picked the fight. I don’t know who threw the first punch, but we all know that Zimmerman was tailing or following the kid, who got nervous just as anyone else would in a similar situation. Zimmerman needs to be arrested and charged so that that process can unfold, in the interest of justice.

As for “lynching” Mr. Zimmerman, his defenders have virtually lynched Mr. Martin, by ignoring that he was exactly where he belonged that evening, and instead relying on stereotyping to brand him a thug, a punk and a terrorist. As if he deserved to die at Zimmerman’s hand, regardless of the reality that he was minding his own business when Zimmerman approached.