Zimmerman Prosecutors: Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Lied Under Oath

Zimmerman Prosecutors: Trayvon Martin’s Girlfriend Lied Under Oath
by Tony Lee

7 Mar 2013, 3:06 AM PDT

State prosecutors admitted Tuesday that Martin’s girlfriend falsely claimed she was in the hospital on the day of Martin’s funeral, committing perjury.

This admission greatly damages the credibility of Martin’s girlfriend, whom Martin called on the night Zimmerman shot and killed him, for this is not the first time she has been caught lying.

Identified as “witness 8” in records, Martin’s girlfriend told Trayon Martin’s family attorney Benjamin Crump in a recorded interview that she was 16 years of age right after Martin’s passing. She was in fact 18 years of age when she was speaking to Martin.

Crump told reporters Martin’s girlfriend was 16 and has since “said he did not knowingly misrepresent her age.”

As this article indicates, “witness 8” provided “information” that is very important to the prosecution’s case, information that the MSM have also been publishing/broadcasting. And now it’s credibility is impeachable because “witness 8” has been caught lying under oath. This also creates a Scylla-Charybdis situation for the prosecution. They obviously want to pursue the perjury case against Zimmerman’s wife, since it reflects on him. If they decline prosecuting “witness 8”, that may hurt the perjury case they do want to prosecute. OTOH, prosecuting “witness 8” might possibly destroy any shred of credibility she might have in the case against Zimmerman. I wonder what other “information” came to the police through Martin family lawyer Crump, and if so, whether it’s been verified.

Saw this earlier in the week, but was hoping someone would post about it.

In the immortal words of Gomer Pyle:

“Surprise, surprise”

I also saw it 2 or 3 days ago, but it was an AP article that omitted what it was that she lied about and was otherwise less than marginally intelligible. I hoped some one would come out with something that at least met those two - to me - minimal standards, and happened to find just that on Breitbart.com yesterday. And, no, that a key witness was lying came as no surprise to me either. I may be wrong, but I think Crump is starting to look like the engineer who has been driving the train to railroad Zimmerman, and any/all “information” that came to the police through him needs a very thorough re-verification. If the prosecutors and police don’t do that now, they may have their witnesses’ heads and other body parts handed to them in court - embarrassing to those agencies and expensive for the people of FL.