"Zombie Virus" Possible via Rabies-Flu Hybrid?

“Zombie Virus” Possible via Rabies-Flu Hybrid?
“Zombie Virus” Possible via Rabies-Flu Hybrid?

Ker Than
for National Geographic News
Published October 27, 2010

In the zombie flicks 28 Days Later and I Am Legend, an unstoppable viral plague sweeps across humanity, transforming people into mindless monsters with cannibalistic tendencies.

Though dead humans can’t come back to life, certain viruses can induce such aggressive, zombie-like behavior, scientists say in the new National Geographic Channel documentary The Truth Behind Zombies, premiering Saturday at 10 p.m. ET/PT. (National Geographic News is part of the National Geographic Society, which part-owns the National Geographic Channel.)

For instance, rabies—a viral disease that infects the central nervous system—can drive people to be violently mad, according to Samita Andreansky, a virologist at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine in Florida who also appears in the documentary.

Combine rabies with the ability of a flu virus to spread quickly through the air, and you might have the makings of a zombie apocalypse.

“You know what the difference between me and you really is? You look out there and see a horde of evil, brain eating zombies. I look out there and see a target rich environment.”
-Dillis D. Freeman Jr. 11/2/2001

I still won’t get a Government mandated flu shot!

you should read the article.

I did. To quote Foghorn Leghorn; “It was a joke. A funny. You missed it son, your built to low”.

Come on, I’ve been waiting to use my chainsaw.